Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to the track on Friday with my 94 RS with 110k. I left my interior, spare tire, and had a half a tank of gas. Short Ram Intake and 11lb Rims w/ Kumho Ecsta Supra 205/50/WR15 at 22psi. I also weigh 233lbs. It was pretty hot down here in FL.

First run I missed second... I think it was because the car next to me started showin off his NAWS and it froze me up. I could have taken his sorry ass Altima otherwise [Slip not shown]. All my launches were good. one of the runs were on tape and I plan on getting digitized. Everyone who saw it agreed it was perfect
, I don't think I have any problems on the launches.

2nd Run:

3rd Run:

4th Run:

What do you think would be the best time that could be run in this car? Also, how much weight can be reduced would you say with a mostly empty tank, no passenger seat, and the normal interior pieces removed?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not bad for a first timer...there is a sweet article in the last issue of Sport Compact Car dealing with the track. It gave pointers on how to get as close to a .500 R/T as you can There's alot of other stuff that you would find interesting. That's cool you're getting into the track times. Keep us posted in the timeslips section!

·
Registered
825 Posts
louses launches r0x0r. I saw the video of em at scotts place this weekend and he could teach us all a couple things about launching. Yah, u shoulda killed that altima.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Your 60' times are pretty high, get those down and you will get much better times. Either you have too much wheelspin, or your not launching at high enough RPM and you are bogging.

I wouldn't worry so much about weight as of now, work on your launches first.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may be launching a little low to stay at the safe side. Knowing that you have about the same car as me, what do you launch at, and what tire pressure do you use? Also, what do you think approximately the best 60' times I can get are? What should I shoot for? Thanks!

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
2.2 is a really great launch with stock clutch/stock motor mounts/street tires/no radius arms.

I got a 2.3 with 28psi front, 40psi rear tires (my tires require alot of pressure), and I launched at 3,500 and feathered the clutch.

You want to launch as close to your powerband as possible, with minimal wheelspin. Launch too high and you will spin through 1st, launch too low and you will bog through 1st.

·
Registered
444 Posts
IVE GOT A RS ALSO, SAME YEAR AND ALL, BUT IVE GOT A LOT MORE THINGS DoNE, YOUR RUN WILL GIVE ME SOME IDEA OF WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN I PUT MINE oN THE TRACK! MY MODS ARE TENABE HYPER MEDALLIoN CAT BACK, NEUSPEED N2 HEADER, AEM CAI, UR CRANK PULLEY, NOLOGY WIRES, NGK IRIDIUM, 97 I-LS MOTOR WITH 30.000 MILES, HOPEFULLY, I CAN GET A LEAST A SECoND OR 2 OFF MY TIME WITH MY MODS, DoNT WoNT TO USE MY ZEX KIT, ALSO MY 18" WHEELS WILL HURT ME SO IM PUTTING THE STOCK 14"S BACK oN THE FRoNT!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts