Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was always told or read, that in order to reset the ECU you disconnect the negative side of the battery, let it sit for a while, reconnect it then start the engine and let sit at idle for 10-15 minutes. Well over the last week or so my car has been running like sh*t as i had the IAC valve blocked because it was messing my idle speed, anywho i unblocked it last week and cleaned the valve then reset the idle, reconnected the battery and it idled fine, but drove like hell. So i figured that the ecu wasnt reset properly as it is bolted to the chassis and the pos side of the battery was still connected and therefore the ECU was making its own earth against the car body. so i unplugged the ECU today and let it sit for 1/2 an hour then plugged it back in and connected up the battery again, started the car and let it idle for 15 minutes. then i switched it off, started it up again and drove....it was like a new car, pulled far better than before and no flat spots like before. But its a ***** of a job having to plug out the ECu every time i need to reset it. I heard you can pull one of the fuses in the engine bay, but none of mine are marked so i dont know which one it is, or is unplugging the whole ECu the only real way of doing this?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool..I'll have to check tommorow to see if those two fuses are in the same location in my car as its a JDM car. the picture wasnt 100% clear on my screen ,but i'm taking it that it was the two in the left hand upper corner with the two thin red lines above them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts