Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search to see if there were pics of painted fat fives and I could only find some. I know there is a photoshop request section, but I want to see some actual pictures so that I know what colors they actually used and not colors created in photo shop. I am most likely going to paint mine when spring comes, so I want to gather all the information I can now. Please let me know if you have any pics to provide, here are the pics I've found:

This color is ok, but I would like to have it somewhat glossy:

These are painted swirlies, but I like the color as well:

I also want to note that my teg is black, so please take this into consideration when advising on a color. If you can provide the actual color that I could purchase, that would be helpful too (ie. some type of color made by Duplicolor)

Thanks in advance!

*** Oh, if you don't know how to host your pics of your painted wheels, please email me your pic and I will host ***

·
Registered
264 Posts
I don't have a digital pic of my Teg yet (have to get one). Its red with white Fat 5s (Didn't do it, I hate it).
All I can say is, get them powder coated or atleast something really tough and make SURE you prep them properly.
If I may offer my opinion, there is nothing that looks better then a black car with shinny polished wheels, other then that, maybe a charcoal colour like the ones above.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

hope those help. i do actually regret doing it when i still had my teg with those wheels but thats cause i take so much time keepin my teg clean and having the black wheels got depressing after awhile.... but i did get 200 bucks for with out any tires:)

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
There is a red teg for sale on eBay that has painted fat fives. It has a JDM front end. If you search for "JDM Integra" and sort by highest priced then you'll see it.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Anthony!

Here it is:

I don't think it would look good with a black teg though.

Rob - I also agree with you that a black teg with shiny polished wheels look the best. If the freakin' seller that I bought the fat fives from told me that the shine was gone, I would of never purchased them. He lives in Arizona so I'm sh*t out of luck trying to get my money back. Is there any way to restore the shine? Or should I just get silver Duplicolor and then clear coat?

·
Registered
938 Posts
is there anymore pics of that red teg? looks tight.

·
Registered
938 Posts
dayum that looks soo nice...whos car is that? Is he TI member? i wanna pm them and ask if i can buy those fat fives. Anyone got any for sale? Anyways...dayum...the milano red car is really nice and clean.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hey man here is a link to my friends black GSR. We just painted his wheels. We used the duplicolor paint in the "Articles section on here. He used the duplicolor graphite color with the clear coat for a glossy finish. Here is the link.............http://www.team-integra.net/sections/local/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=96&TopicID=81982&PagePosition=1

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Hakamoto on Mar/08/04 said:
Whose GSR is that? I want more details about how he painted those wheels? BTW I'm talking about the black 97 GSR in Virtualbong's last post.
Most likely you would mask the lip with tape and just pop the center cap off before you paint the wheels.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oldlostcory on Mar/08/04 said:
virtualbong what paint did u use on them? They look freaking amazing. And how are they holding up?
None of these wheels are mine. I started up this thread because I'll be painting my fat fives come summer.

Hakamoto - The pics are of Jt2kgsr's friend's gsr. The thread right above mine

Cathy - How are the white painted wheels holding up? I'm thinking about painting them white too

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a dark green teg and I painted my fat 5's gun metal and I thought it was too dark and looked weird. So then I painted them a silver color like above and they look amazing. Everyone thinks I bought brand new rims. I'll post some pictures if you want to see them...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.