Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pipes on the rack that come from underneath the input shaft and go to either side of the rack. Are they double flared? Bubble flared? O ring? The parts stores don't sell them unless you buy the whole rack. Since I have to make my own I'd like to know if I'm capable of making the ends reusing the old nuts. I don't want to start the job if I'm unable to do it, I will just remove the power steering belt.
Does anyone remember?
thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have asked if anyone has a source for these pipes. I'm not making them for pleasure, I just want to avoid buying a questionably rebuilt rack when there is nothing wrong with mine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’ve never heard of those tubes being available from anywhere. Maybe a hydraulics house who could custom make them. But that is what you are doing anyway. If I run across a core at work I will look and tell you what I see, but I don’t work at a Honda house.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was thinking they were typical brake line. But ours are bigger (mopar) than standard brake line. So make sure what diameter you need. I looked at a rack on a car. When I see a core laying around I will pull one and see if it is oring or flare. But it may be different on a Honda. And it looks awful. I don’t envy you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that I will finally have time this weekend to pull off the leaker and check the fittings. Thanks for your responses to help keep this thread current.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Never mind. I got under the car and looked at the pipes. They look like they might be accessible from underneath when I looked down at them, but the rack will have to come off to get to them.
Job is cancelled, maybe this is a sign that my shoulder muscles are too small and driving with no power steering will be a blessing. :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, but the pipe that is leaking is under the steering input shaft, not one of the ones that get deleted. There's no point in doing the delete and looping the two fittings because the fluid will still leak out of the other pipe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts