Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pipes on the rack that come from underneath the input shaft and go to either side of the rack. Are they double flared? Bubble flared? O ring? The parts stores don't sell them unless you buy the whole rack. Since I have to make my own I'd like to know if I'm capable of making the ends reusing the old nuts. I don't want to start the job if I'm unable to do it, I will just remove the power steering belt.
Does anyone remember?
thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have asked if anyone has a source for these pipes. I'm not making them for pleasure, I just want to avoid buying a questionably rebuilt rack when there is nothing wrong with mine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’ve never heard of those tubes being available from anywhere. Maybe a hydraulics house who could custom make them. But that is what you are doing anyway. If I run across a core at work I will look and tell you what I see, but I don’t work at a Honda house.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was thinking they were typical brake line. But ours are bigger (mopar) than standard brake line. So make sure what diameter you need. I looked at a rack on a car. When I see a core laying around I will pull one and see if it is oring or flare. But it may be different on a Honda. And it looks awful. I don’t envy you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts