Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just replaced this last night with no problem with the installation. I have a question though, my friend, who has also done the install, is telling me there is some sort of "primer kit" to get the MC ready and pressurized? He says he got it when he bought the MC but I wasn't told anything about this from my mechanic. Am I missing out on something? Thanks

V

·
Registered
668 Posts
yea, after replacing my master cylinder, i too still have a problem braking... *sigh* i had a mechanic install and bleed all tires so i know we did it right... thanx for reading

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
If you bled all the tires then you definatly did not do it right. lol

You have to bleed all the lines and check your connections to make sure they are tight.

To the original poster, I have not heard of one being needed. Just fill it up with fluid and then bleed the lines.

·
Registered
668 Posts
opps, haha, yeah, i meant the lines, all the air is out and tightened... my brake pedal sinks but at least it stops now... i've searched the site for info. and after everyone replaces their brakes seems fine. But after doing all that today i think something else maybe wrong other than MC (its new) and bleeding teh lines (for air) i did it several times so... im out of ideas now... thanx for your time!

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
DEFINETLY bench bleed. If you dont bench bleed the cylinder first you'll waste a sh*tload of fluid trying to get it proparly bled and you might not ever succeed in getting it all out.

Most cylinders come with two little plastic fittings and two legnths of hose. What you do is install the cylinder into the car without attaching the lines, attach the fittings, fill the reservoir, and loop the hoses back into the reservoir. Then pump the pedal until there are no more bubbles. I didnt bench bleed my cylidner and bled the crap out of it. pedal was still soft. Bench bled it and the fluid coming out of the hoses was frothy. Bassicly without bench bleeding the cylinder can get air trapped in it regular bleeding wont get to.

·
Registered
668 Posts
okay, bench bleeding... so basically d/c all the lines to the MC and hook up to drain the MC while in teh car, am i correct? i really appreciate this guys... much thanx to admins for help!

Edit: when i do brake, its loose and i have to push it down quite a bit.. brakes a squishy and squek when i hard brake over 25 mph'ish

1 - 6 of 6 Posts