Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I just picked up my 94 G3 LS this week!!! I just want to say I love it so far (besides the auto D= ) and I've spent the 24/7 for the past few days reading TI...

Anyways, my brother has a 2003 G4 and I'm looking to replace my stock speakers that are all muddy and horrible sounding with his almost brand new stock speakers... since he installed a new set when he first got his car.

I read the "door removal" article and I'm about to do the swap right now, but my questions are:

-Is there a power difference between the G3 stock and G4 stock speakers? are the G4 stocks more powerful and I need something extra? My 94 LS is quite old and I do not want to put any extra stress on the electrical system

Thanks!
-Billy

P.S. I typed in "speaker" in the search and went through 15+ pages worth of results and I couldn't find someone in the same situation...so any good suggestions or pointers will be great :)

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
Does your brother have a Type-S (Bose speakers)?

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'm not really sure what the specs are on the OEM RSX speakers but I can assure you you'd be better off picking up some Alpine Type R's or Infinity Kappa Perfects---that is one, if you have the money and two if having good sounding speakers is a priority! I do believe the RSX does have an option for an upgraded sound system from the factory but again I'm not 100% certain on the specs of those speakers. Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
hey man, if your bro had a type-s then it's worth it because afterall, they're Free. if you're a little strapped for cash then throw them in. however, if he had a base model i can't see any advantages to using his.

let us know

·
Registered
815 Posts
yea, if they are the bose then put them in... if not and u want a cheap upgrade get some pioneers, their entry level stuff is pretty dang good (make sure you got an aftermarker hu too, helps a lot)

·
Registered
565 Posts
inttegra on Sep/01/07 said:
yea, if they are the bose then put them in... if not and u want a cheap upgrade get some pioneers, their entry level stuff is pretty dang good (make sure you got an aftermarker hu too, helps a lot)
if they are bose and u put them in your LS they will sound like $h!t because the bose system has a separate amplifier than the actual deck. they require A) a different impedance and B) more power than your LS's deck will put out. i would highly recommend putting in some cheap aftermarket speakers as someone else mentioned. because they will sound better and most likely be much easier to put in. and just fyi if u do decide to buy aftermarket speakers they're 6.5" all the way around

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow thanks everyone for their solid & quick replies

My brother's 2003 G4 speakers are base model and they do not fit the mounts that are in my 94 LS. So all the work I've done went down the waste today but I'm definitely thinking of putting after market speakers in now since even my brother's stock base speakers sound SO MUCH better than my 13yr old speakers.

I will take a picture to show you guys what i mean by the mounts "don't fit" and I will definitely be back with more details

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.