Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4 channel 800watt? amp, a 10" box. Now I need to get that 10" sub which will be an MTX. Done.
Now I want to replace the factory speakers in the front...ummmm I have no idea. Beleive me I know a lot about my car under the hood but just not the sound system. So my question is what are some good, high quality speakers (dont need the best)should I get. I have two tweeters, two speakers up front and two in the back. Can you tell me the sizes I need, The brand I should go with, and should I amp them as well or will it work fine just on my stock system. Thanks

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
our tegs have 6.5" all the way around (if we're talking a 2 door Generation 3, but you do not specify this, so i am only guessing)

Good brands include: Quart, Kicker, Focal, Inifinity, i could go on and on, the best is to hit the streets, listen with your own ears with music you are familiar with.. THEN buy it online (can always find it less expensive online
)

And amping is always better than not amping

Speaker Sizes and Locations
More Help/Information

·
Registered
68 Posts
MorningZ on Aug/10/02 said:
...the best is to hit the streets, listen with your own ears with music you are familiar with.. THEN buy it
Just be careful doing this. If everyone went to the small custom shops to listen, then buys their stuff online, those little shops won't be around much longer. I think Z is suggesting listening to other peoples' systems, which is the best way to go anyway...but I just wanted to get in a few words about this practice. I don't mind doing this at the big chains like best buy either, just try not to shaft the little guys. I like to use the online prices with the those shops to knock a little bit off and get the price closer. Just my $.02

schiesz

·
Registered
713 Posts
dont 2000 and up have 5.5 inch speakers?

well anyway if you buy new speakers and run them on your stock headunit its just going to have a little higher sound... getting an amp or new headunit will actaully change the quality of the sound.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
there is no such size as 5 and a half.. and as said, about 500 times in this forum, its a 6.5" opening, but you can fit 5.75" as well (although not perfect fit)

as for schiesz's reply.. i used to be one of those small guys, and its just the way of the world now, stuff is usually less expensive online. I did not say the above to try to put any small companies out of business, i am more worried above saving a fellow member some money

·
Registered
479 Posts
Z, i have a queastion on the G3 LS coupe what is the mounting depth? because im thinking on buying some kickers but im not sure if they would fit do you think it would be trouble if you have me the measurments of the diameter and the depth?? if youd like id show you a picture of the speakers im getting and you can tell me from that?? thanks in advance

·
Registered
34 Posts
Like Z said, you can save money online. I have Alpine Type R speakers all the way around. They are $250/pair and I got them for like $125-$150 online. The two best brands that I have heard and delt with is Alpine and Kicker. You also may want to get an amp for the speakers b/c it will make your volue louder and sound better. You may want to invest in a headunit as well. For headunits I would go with Pioneer or Alpine. Make sure you do your wiring right when hooking the speakers up and headunit. I got a Pioneer headunit. I love it but I think I will upgrade to an In-Dash cd/dvd player with a 7" touch screen. Hope the info helps.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
i hate to bust your bubble about small shops goin out but i have one down the street that is well known. after hurricane katrina he opened back up and he still has people coming in. its all about respect and a well known guy who takes care of you. but anyways back on topic, listen with ears and buy. best advice right there. just don't hear from people who just give you the brand and tell you go buy it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts