Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i replaced my 00 gsr cluster with 98 gsr cluster and everything works except the gas and temp gauge is not moving. Is it because of the different year. Do i need to get 00-01 gsr cluster to make it work. Btw My old 00 gsr cluster is malfunction

·
Registered
172 Posts
I believe all 98-01 clusters are identical, the easiest way would be to switch the green film as it would be the easiest.

My 00 USDM ITR cluster i had to do alot of work to get it to work since alot of things were different. ITR'S didnt have cruise control, plus all the indicators on the films were in different spots since i have a 96.

The main differences between 94-97 and 98-01 clusters are the indicators for seat belt, abs, and i believe door ajar are in different spots. Also the pin's on the main 2 sockets are different for SRS, Seat belt indicator, and fuel gauge which is why alot of clusters the fuel gauge and alot of the indicators do not work.

I tried doing the green film switch on my 00 cluster only to find out the SRS plug the housing around it had a extra prong which the 96 film did not so i didnt want to modify anything.

The way i ended up doing it was completly taking apart both clusters and switching the carbon bezel, the fuel gage, mph gauge, rpm gauge, and temp gauge into my 96 cluster so it would retain the green film and the sockets that would plug and play with my 96 Harness. After i switched the proper films so that why my cruise control indicator was there and all the others were in their proper places on the 96 cluster with the now 00 bezel and gauges.

I have a half completed DIY for taking apart and swapping the clusters but my camera died half way and i needed to finish it that night so when i have time i can finish doing the rest of it, if people have questions than PM me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.