Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a nail in my tire about a inch from the sidewall still on the tread. it was repaired about 5 mounths ago.on 18 inch wheels.. any one know if its safe to drive on? how long will it last. and what could happen if it exploded at 80mph?
latez bro'z

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Who fixed it? Most places won't fix a tire if they feel it's unsafe...and will tell you.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Was it a plug or a patch? Its really not a good idea to plug tires anyway. If it blew out at 80mph you would probably crash. So why don't you drive slow until you can replace the tires. It's loosing air so your gonna need a new tire.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
high speed rated/performance tires aren't supposed to be repaired- but usually places will still do it. A few shops offered to repair the tire but warned me that it isn't usually recommended due the the tires make-up. That was my experience with a set of 205/40/17 Toyo FZ4s anyway.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
I had a nail in one of my tire and I had it fixed free from one of my buddy at FireStone, but he called me the next day and say it wasn't safe so I had to get a new one.

Better safe then sorry man, get a new tire, even a cheapo one for like $70 or something is fine, just dont risk it. Plus, you're not only getting a tire, you're getting your "worries" taken away too. Good deal if you ask me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.