Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, had my 94 ls worked on a little while back and i think they unokugged the battery or whatever cause my clock was slow and now my stock stereo is asking for the security code. im not the the first owner of the car so i have no idea where to find it cause its original dealership is closed.someone told me that the code is on the bottom of the stereo but i cant get the damn thing out.anyone know how?

thanks

"4 angry hamsters, f**king up the queen city"

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
pop your hood.
Look under your fuse box cover on the passenger side of the engine bay.
It might be underneath the plastic cover.

If not. you'll have to pull the stock deck and take it to an Acura dealership. For help/instructions click here

·
Registered
98 Posts
The serial number is under the deck. Take that (with the car) to the Acura dealership, and they'll look up the factory number on a database for FREE! You just have to prove that the deck came out of that car, and that it's yours. As far as removal, I have a 98 GS, so I think it would be different.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
appreciate it guys, gonna have to call the acura dealership in charlotte unfortunatley.Theyre a buncha pricks tho.
thanks again.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The code is not on the stereo!! They don't put it there, because if someone ripped off your deck, they could get it to work again. That is what the whole purpose of a coded deck is all about. call your local acura dealer and ask them how you can go about retrieving the code without taking the deck out. They will most likely use your vin number or some other means to find the code. They may ask you to come in, to make sure you are actually the owner and not someone who ripped it off a car.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey Ace, I said the SERIAL NUMBER is on the deck. Not the security code. That would defeat the purpose, wouldn't it?
In my case, I took the guy out to my car. Then I took my deck out in front of him, and he took the serial number inside, typed it in the computer, and *poof*...A security code.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
try on teh bottom of the ashtray - that is where mine and my sisters were.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
BlueTeg mentioned that the code may be on a sticker on the bottom of the underhood fuse cover...

it can also exist on a sticker on the bottom of the astray

i've seen accords with a sticker on the underside of the trunk lid

he never said it was on a sticker below the radio...

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
angryhamster on Sep/19/02 said:
someone told me that the code is on the bottom of the stereo but i cant get the damn thing out.
ace, I see what you were refering to.
deleted my response.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Just to clear up any confusion, when the car was brand new, it came with a card with a sticker containing the code.

If you noticed the sticker with the code placed under the ashtray or in the glove box, in the fusebox, in the manual etc... it's because the previous owner put it there - so he/she would be able to find it easily.

The dealer would NOT have placed it anywhere inside the car.

Like someone said, a lot of people put it in their manual.

If you don't find it, take silverbullet's suggestion and locate the serial number behind the deck.

To remove the deck you need to remove the 2 8mm screws holding it in, directly behind the deck.

(first off, make sure your handbrake is FIRMLY engaged)

Lie down flat on your back on the passenger side floor & squeeze your head behind the console/bezel with a flashlight. You can undo them with a socket wrench and a 6 inch extension with an 8mm fitting.

(a 4' or 8' extension won't do, it has to be 6')

Good luck!

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
its better to do it the "right way" (remove console) so you can get the radio back in though, you'll never get the radio back in by taking it out the "quick way"

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
personally i think its pretty gay to put a security code on most stock radios... i mean really... whos gonna wanna steal a stock radio, vs. a aftermarket alpine or sumthin. i wouldnt care at all if they stole my stock radio out before i put the system in..

·
Registered
402 Posts
Speechless on Sep/19/02 said:
Just to clear up any confusion, when the car was brand new, it came with a card with a sticker containing the code.

If you noticed the sticker with the code placed under the ashtray or in the glove box, in the fusebox, in the manual etc... it's because the previous owner put it there - so he/she would be able to find it easily.

The dealer would NOT have placed it anywhere inside the car.

Like someone said, a lot of people put it in their manual.
Actually, i bought my car brand new and the security code card was in with the manula. they never handed it to me nor did he me where it was.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts