Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 gsr that the timing jumped i never have messed with timing but i am going to on this motor. i heard that you can take the crank pulley off if you got somebody in the car holding the brakes and you have the car in gear that you can brake the crank pulley loose is that true. I dont have the tool or the air pressure to take the crank pulley off I did have the compressor but sold it a while ago. So my question is can i get the crank pulley off with a breaker bar and a pipe on the end of it if somebody in the car holding the brakes and have it in gear.

·
Registered
462 Posts
maybe, but if that doesn't work you can get a chain wrench, and a belt and a pipe. Wrap the chain wrench around the pulley and put the pipe on the chain wrench to anchor it to the ground ,but make sure you put the belt between the chain wrench and the pulley. It should probabley be an old leather belt that you don't care about anyone. I had to use that because I have an auto and had no other way to hold it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.