Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to remove the casing on my 5 speed ls tranny to add a limited slip unit. i have all bolts and all sensors out of the tranny. i can get it open about 1 inch. then it stops. What am i doing wrong? how can i get it open all the way? what is stopping me?

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
are you using a helms manual? Because theres a few things that must be done that arent going to be obvious without it.

You have to remove the reverse idler gear shaft bolt, and remove the smaller plug on the top of the tranny and use a skrewdriver to pop the oil gutter out. Then you have to remove another plug and use c-clip pliers to remove the clip around one of the shafts.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
If you're taking the tranny apart buy a helms. If you dont have time to wait, go to the dealership and see if you cant get the guys to photocopy the pages you need.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all done. after 2 hours of trying to get the thing apart. i had everything done except the c clip. that was what was holding me back. got the lsd in and can't wait to see how it goes in the spring. its snowing now and my car is parked getting a few more goodies. thanks for the help guys. as always i can count on this site to get me the info i need.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also where can i get the helms manual. all the places i called either never heard of it or could not get it for me. I even went to the library to get one and all they had was the Chilton's?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts