Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a bit of trouble removing the rear bumper on my 91 DA, I only got as far as taking the screws out in the wheel wells and getting under the trunk cover, dont kno where to go from there, and to no avail was I able to find any pictured or detailed threads on removing the rear bumper. If any one would be kind enough to post pictures of the removal or a detailed explanation. I'm trying to sand the bumper and get it painted. I will highly appreciate your guys help, TIA!

·
Registered
132 Posts
remove the tail light cover on the inside of the car, it just pulls out, remove the tail lights, 12 8mm nuts, then remove the metal valence below the tai lights and above the rear bumber. That has 8, 10 or 12 mm nuts, then you unscrew the screws that hold the bumber in place, i think there are 7 or 8 of them and they are philips. And your done.

·
Registered
434 Posts
HAHA.. LS Pride makes it worst then it seems.

Pull the interior panel in the trunk out. You'll see 2 14mm (i think) bolts. one on each side. And go under the car, you'll see the bolts in the same spots as they ones above. Unbolt it.

Remove the fender screws.

done.

·
Registered
132 Posts
thats if you want to remove the whole metal bumber and all but yeah you can do that, sorry just thought you wanted the plastic off, sorry man.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Here is what I did to remove the bumper in one unit when I sold mine to another member.

The screws that hold it to the quarter panel, two bolts under the plastic cover in the trunk and two bolts directly underneath the first two but UNDER the car. and that was it, it slid right off.

The two bolts under the plastic cover in the trunk are really close to the trunk floor, If you see where they are underneath you should be able to find the ones you need to turn in relation to the first ones

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
RXSpyder on May/23/07 said:
HAHA.. LS Pride makes it worst then it seems.

Pull the interior panel in the trunk out. You'll see 2 14mm (i think) bolts. one on each side. And go under the car, you'll see the bolts in the same spots as they ones above. Unbolt it.

Remove the fender screws.

done.
I chimed in without reading all posts. what he said, easy as pie.

·
Registered
1 Posts
remove the tail light cover on the inside of the car, it just pulls out, remove the tail lights, 12 8mm nuts, then remove the metal valence below the tai lights and above the rear bumber. That has 8, 10 or 12 mm nuts, then you unscrew the screws that hold the bumber in place, i think there are 7 or 8 of them and they are philips. And your done.
HEY! im sure you've already taken the bumper off but for future DA owners... I was trying to take off JUST the rear bumper and NOT the whole assembly and came to this and was super confused. To remove the rear bumper only, you do not need to take off any trim or taillights... you just need to remove the bash bar. There are four bash bar bolts, two in the trunk and two underneath the rear bumper area (covered by these plastic pieces). If I remembered correctly, they were only 10mm bolts. I would use a long socket 10mm because the ones in the trunk are harder to reach with the trim. You will see on the trim that it is made to take out the bash bar, there will be a "cut out" kinda area for it. With all four bolts out, the bumper should pull right out. be CAUTIOUS of the rear license plate wires connected to the bumper. I hope this helped. Make that DA clean boys and girls.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts