Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
When I got my cat back put in, I didn't have them put one one. So I guess I don't really know what it sound like when you remove it from the stock piping. Anyway, I know quite a few people that have had theirs removed. It makes it a little louder, not TOO big of a difference. And I guess it give you better air flow too.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
It doesn't improve performance any if you remove it, just makes you louder. The resonator is not a restriction to exhaust flow, that's not how they decrease noise.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
mine doesn't have a resonator and it can be kind of annoying. Just leave it on

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
coffee can and bumble bees will be following you....not to mention the men and women in blue to write a nice sound violation ticket and make you poorer....
that would not be a very smart thing to do... but maybe you like coffee close to your car? capuccino? with some caramel drizzled on top or vanilla sprinkles or cinnamon?....

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
I didn't get mine put back on until after I got a ticket.I learned the hard way.I can't afford the extra attention.Plus the exitement wore off very quickly.Keep it on.My 12 cents 10 cents are free.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Feb/08/03 said:
Resurrecting an old thread of mine! I have the ITR catback now but even that has the resonator. So I decided to leave it. It doesn't restrict flow.
haha yea.. just figured id give a positive testamonial

plus... yea i know this may be the old butt dyno thing, and i hate the butt dyno, but i believe it may have given me a better throttle response. The girl that I bought it from had the whole exaust system replaced using a generic muffler and resonator, and i think that may have created somewhat of a restriction. When I looked at the resonator after it was off the car, it seemed to "pinch in" on the ends and had some custom bent piping bent in on the ends... pretty gay if you ask me... anyways my point is that it "seems" faster, but is probably just because of getting rid of that restriction.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Many people associate a louder sound with performance increase. I'm running an ITR header, ITR intake, and ITR catback...and it is very quiet but gives decent gains.

Want to see what I mean by sound not equalling performance? Remove the cover to your stock airbox. It will be hella loud but will actually slow you down.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
haha yea thats how i found it.. i had to get my muffler rewelded and decided i'd research giving it a try with the resonator off, because i knew the system was not OEM... good thing i did

·
Registered
878 Posts
ok people remember helping people is fun.. sometimes funny.. so im guessing this person has a stock exaust, so there for leave it on there, ive heard straight pipe turbo setups that are quieter than mine..

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
ill have a guiness on the house (TI) anyday

yea my exaust is just stock, but generic, but i took out the resonator and put on a R1 muffler until i get a full apexi n1 catback

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
lol dan, when i saw you were the topic starter for this subject i was thinking to myself, "you gotta be kidding me! there's no way in hell he is asking this question!". well all i gotta say is i thank my lucky charms thats not what happened.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts