Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a silly question to some people but i would like to know the answer because there are some kids at school who tried to tell me removing my ac completley from the car can give you a hp (not whp) increase between 10-30 hp. I know on the butt dyno it may seem faster for the weight reduction but i don't quite see the hp thing. I never use my A/C so if i could free up some power that would be just the reason i was looking for to remove that beast. So rephrase what i would like to know:

1. Would completley removing your A/C give you a HP performance gain?

2. How much does the A/C weigh?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Weight reduction is all you'll get. I've been told the compressor and all related A/C components end up being about 40 lbs.

The A/C doesn't suck power from the engine unless you turn it on.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i knew it!

only 40 pounds?

it's not worth the removal for resale purposes but thanks for your info Surfer

·
Registered
64 Posts
From what I understand, if you get underpulley kits, that slows down rpms of the accessories in your car (like the airconditioning) and can actually squeeze out 3-7 more horses if everything is tuned well. Why remove your AC and make it useless.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
phrixion on Sep/18/02 said:
From what I understand, if you get underpulley kits, that slows down rpms of the accessories in your car (like the airconditioning) and can actually squeeze out 3-7 more horses if everything is tuned well. Why remove your AC and make it useless.
More like 1-2 if that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
ahh you see, i said it was from what i understand.. not what i know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts