Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just removed my rear seats. Just wondering what the general consensus was on this job. Car feels a little lighter in the back end but the main reason was because passengers kept tripping over racing seat harnesses. If anyone has done this or seen it in a teg, post your opinion, im still split...

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Ive seen it in a type-r which had racing seats in the front.. I thought it was pretty sweet.. the guy lives in my apartment building, and ive talked to him some, have yet to give him a TI card though..

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
You guys have to be joking, total weight of the rear seats are ohhhhh around 15 pounds....you can not feel the differece of weight when you drive the car. I took mine out this weekend for to take it to the track, didnt make a difference, just make the resinance in the cab from road noise and exhaust noise twice as loud....I am all for getting rid of weight, but they dont make a diff

·
Registered
655 Posts
heh heh... that's sad, really. I mean you want to sacrifice the look of your back seats (which is now a bunch of metal frame and springs and crap like that) so it looks like crap to save 10-15 lbs...

I'm with nicklk on this one. that's just dumb. sorry if I offend anyone, I'm sure I do dumb things too (like getting ready to spend $3000 on just looks, but hey I have an auto so I can't go so that's my excuse).

Why dont you take out your cupholders next, or even your center console around your shift boot... that's gotta be good for a few ounces.

EDIT: Ahh, before that turns around and gets ugly I wanted to apologize. I'm tired and just felt like cracking some jokes. If anyone takes this seriously, don't. That's why I cracked on myself in the same paragraph. I have nothing but love for everyone here on TI. You all are the best group of people around.
Oh and VooDoo... I know what you mean on the giving a rides... I don't want my Teg to be a taxi either.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
"I do dumb things too (like getting ready to spend $3000 on just looks, but hey I have an auto so I can't go so that's my excuse."

Well that sure makes some sense skippy, ever see last months car of the month the LS VTEC auto conversion, he was an auto and he could kill alot of people on this site and in general so before you start using lame things like I have an auto that means I should spend my money on body kits and undercarrige glow instead of performance parts think about that.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I removed my back seats last time I went to the track. I didn't really notice a huge difference to tell you the truth. It definitely made the entire ride louder (both exhaust and rattling noises).

When going to the track, however, if you remove all that you can: spare tire/jack, rear seat, and anything else you can find, then it can make a difference once all added up. I wouldn't, however, drive around all the time without the rear seats. it made for a much louder ride.

Others may tell you there are other reasons to keep the back seats..hmm..
(j/k!)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Shadowhunter on Sep/16/02 said:
"I do dumb things too (like getting ready to spend $3000 on just looks, but hey I have an auto so I can't go so that's my excuse."

Well that sure makes some sense skippy, ever see last months car of the month the LS VTEC auto conversion, he was an auto and he could kill alot of people on this site and in general so before you start using lame things like I have an auto that means I should spend my money on body kits and undercarrige glow instead of performance parts think about that.
Again... sorry man, didn't mean to pinch a nerve. I just left it to joke around. Friends do that. But if it seriously hurts you or anyone else that mentions it I will delete it off. I don't like watching other members argue back and forth, because a) everyone here is friends, that share common intrests and b) it locks someone ELSE's topic and it's not fair to them. That's why I was just stating an opinion openly not calling SOMEoNE dumb or anything. just saying I thought an IDEA was silly. just like you think me spending money on show is silly. i am aware that you can spen 3000 on a JRSC or ls/vtec auto but I choose not too, I'd rather have my engine and tranny run past 100K considering I only have 35K miles on it as of now. I don't want to see it fall apart in less than 2 years.

I don't have the body kit or glow or whatever actually. I like a "cleaner" look, but anyway, man like I said sorry if that was taken the wrong way, I shouldn't have said anything at all. and I apologize.

oh yea... in case you were wondering (all estimates):

ITR wing - $350
OEM kit - $700
17" motegi mr7 with parada spec 2 - $1100
eibach pro kit with koni yellows - $700
paint side moldings, shave emblems, fix dents - $500
custom leather seats - $750

nope... no neon or wide body flares in there. and should last a pretty damn long time unlike the ls/vtec, nitrous, SC route that unless done perfect and maintained will still probably have a lifespan of 2 years or so before small-medium things will need fixing or replaced. and although I won't be running low 14's at the track, I'll look good and my base 142 hp engine with bolt ons such as intake and catback exhaust will get me through traffic just fine. do you really NEED to accelerate 0-60 in 5 to 6.5 seconds driving to work or school? I know I don't need a ticket or court. rather, I need a daily driver with reliability for many years and would like to add a little personality to it in the process. just a thought. feel free to respond. but if it's a "flame" or other hatred response than I will delete all my posts from this topic because I have nothing but friends on this site and don't want that to change now by making one or two people mad. again, sorry if my words did so. no hard feelings.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i took everything out the back except the carpet so it doesnt look so bad, but it definately is louder ride and the resonance around 3-4k rattles the rear upper strut bar a lot, i mostly did it cause i dont like clumsy people gettin in the back scuffin up my interior and always wanting rides, that was my main reason for takin 'em out, plus without the spare and jack and all that, total i probably lost like 25-30lbs, not a big deal but i'm just losing whatever i can right now without sacrificing too much style...having leather seats and all

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
I wasnt serious either dude, I was kidding but in all reality you should still strive for go as well as show automatic dosent mean anything theres alot of autos out there thatll beat on my ass. Theres only one person I diss on these boards but he deserves it and alot of other people feel the same way but he will remain nameless otherwise like you said nothin but love for everyone else.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Well at least your not wasting 3g's on ugly kits, big kits, or anything bot stock kits for that matter, clean tegs look best by far, and i mean theres no reason not to do some work to an auto, ive got an auto i was workin on, but decided to sell it cuz i always wanted a gsr. My auto was quite peppy as a matter of fact with just i/h/e. But its your car and what u do is your choice, and nice choice on the rims i might say, u should go with the gunmetal they look real nice.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i own a gs ... yes i could had got a gsr but i like my silver teg .... and NEO every pound count ... 15 pound might not be a lot but its 15 pound of advantage if two alike teg was to race ...

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its all in the scheme of things, and damn if you didnt bring this one back from the dead. I already have a fake floor completely built around the back guarding the audio equipment back there, so its not about weight anymore but it looks absolutely beautiful, and like I said in the first post, "Car feels a little lighter in the back end but the main reason was because passengers kept tripping over racing seat harnesses." Read before you speak, your lucky I didnt get to this post b4! LoL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts