Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to see if I was the only one to remove the wipers once in a while for that extra clean look.
(dont worry safety nuts...i keep them in the trunk with a ratchet)

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
i think he is talking about the front wipers... I have never seen anyone drive without at least one wiper on the street. I only see hillbillly f bodys without them, lol. all the more power to you if it looks better on your car.

·
Super Moderator
14,201 Posts
I'd only do it if I went to shows.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
why is it unsafe if i only do it on days with no forecasted rain AND keep them in the car. its not like something is gonna splash up and if something does...pull over. you guys are just jealous cuz i thought of it. haha j/k

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I used to have the fronts off with my old teg. As long as you apply Rain-X frequently, then you should be fine, but looking back, I wouldn't recommend it now. Illegal and terrible with condensation and light rain.

Here's an old pic:

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
just know that u can be ticketed for not having a wiper... but i doubt a cop would ever notice that...

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Sep/23/07 said:
You never know what will happen, but if there was an emergency and you had to clear the windshield, you wouldn't be able to. Plus, a cop will write you a nasty ticket for that.

It's just plain stupid to remove them.
2 years ago I went an entire summer without putting my wipers on. Rain-ex plus i avoided inclement weather whenever possible. I highly doubt a cop would even notice it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
wow removing front wipers for clean look? y stop there? who really notices the wipers on the teg? unless they r beat up and nasty looking I don't c the point of removing them .

·
Registered
439 Posts
man, everyone is over reacting. if he took them off, obvisouly it doesnt rain much where he is. also the fact there in his car, so if it does he can put them on. and the ticket would most likely just be a fix it,(wow $10, break the bank) if the cop even notices. i think it looks cleaner, but i wouldnt drive all the time with them off. so stop over reacting amd ur unsafe non-sense.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Sep/23/07 said:
The reason you don't see anyone do it is because it is extremely illegal and extremely unsafe.
Extremely! lol

Toddles: My friends and I have done this for awhile. Over where I live its either rainy season or dry season. Rainy season they're on, dry season they're off.
I first started doing this many years ago when I realized my new wiper blades were always shot from cooking in the sun all summer long, so I just took them off and put them on when the rainy season came. The clean look is a by product of this mod...very nyce.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if your driving on a sunny day w/ no forecasted rain and theres a surprise liquid on your windshield it means your probably screwed anyway. Someone tell me what can splash on your windshield and hinder your vision when everything around you is dry.

just be smart about it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.