Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. is it at all possible to remove the rear LCA & shocks/springs combo together as one piece? I want to do that because
1. I need to remove the spring/shocks
2. I tried to disconnect the LCA and shocks but the bolt broke in 3 pieces and we spent 3 hours getting it out.
3. Dont want to go through that again so I figure if we can get the LCA and shock out together it would be easier

I did remove the LCA on the side where I broke the bolt so I know removing the LCA minus the bolt that connects it to the shock is do-able and easier then trying to disconnect them seperately.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I'm switching springs, broke that damn left side LCA/shock connector bolt to hell...3 pieces, so I am going to Acura today to get 2 new ones (a spare in case the right side decides to break too.

Glad to know I can remove the whole package (LCA&shocks) though because that will really make it easier for me (wont have to deal with that stupid bolt)

Thanks Jack

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
98integraLs on Feb/23/04 said:
is there a honda dealer close to you?

i suggest going to them instead and just get the same bushings/bolts for the civic. same part # 1/2 the price.
wow are you serious? If so I'll ask them, the part number for Acura is 90172 SK7-A01 it's #19 on the pics below. So you're suggesting I should just go by Honda and ask for the same part number? Honda is actually a lot closer to my house

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TheGSRGuy on Feb/23/04 said:
Alvin, when I did my rear springs that's what we did to avoid messing with the stupid rear LCA bolt.
I wish someone would have told me this earlier! lol...darn it bro! haha, its ok, thanks for verifying that it works though, this is gonna be MUCH faster to install my rear springs...thanks again, still waiting to hear back from Jack on the part number thing though

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
AlvinHuyN on Feb/23/04 said:
Thanks Jack! Then off the Honda I go to save some money because Acura wants $9 per bolt...rip off!
you might want to get a new bushing as well. usually the bolt and the bushing seize up and the bushing gets damaged when you remove the bolt. (happened to me on both rear sides).

the bushing is the same for the civic as well. i would also get some anti-seize from autozone and cover the bolts just incase you ever take things apart agian.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I "saved" the bushing (left) and have yet to start on the right side. Honda didnt have one in stock so I bite myself and bought one from Acura for $12! ahh...but its ok, at least it's driveable now, this sunday I will attempt to remove the shock and LCA together to avoid messing with the darn LCA bolt. Thanks again everyone for making Ti such an awesome place for info and help!

·
Registered
507 Posts
98integraLs on Feb/23/04 said:
Quote: AlvinHuyN on Feb/23/04Thanks Jack! Then off the Honda I go to save some money because Acura wants $9 per bolt...rip off!
you might want to get a new bushing as well. usually the bolt and the bushing seize up and the bushing gets damaged when you remove the bolt. (happened to me on both rear sides).

the bushing is the same for the civic as well. i would also get some anti-seize from autozone and cover the bolts just incase you ever take things apart agian.
[/quote] does it matter what year civic it is for the bushings?

·
Registered
786 Posts
AlvinHuyN on Feb/24/04 said:
Yeah I "saved" the bushing (left) and have yet to start on the right side. Honda didnt have one in stock so I bite myself and bought one from Acura for $12! ahh...but its ok, at least it's driveable now, this sunday I will attempt to remove the shock and LCA together to avoid messing with the darn LCA bolt. Thanks again everyone for making Ti such an awesome place for info and help!
So what happened with the shock & LCA removal? Did you have any problems?

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
bobbinika on Mar/22/04 said:
Quote: 98integraLs on Feb/23/04Quote: AlvinHuyN on Feb/23/04Thanks Jack! Then off the Honda I go to save some money because Acura wants $9 per bolt...rip off!
[/QUOTE]does it matter what year civic it is for the bushings?
[/quote]
IIRC, 1988 and newer should work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.