Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
I've been wondering a way to get that off. Where could I get some acetone from, and is there and risk of damage to the visor??

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can use finger nail polish remover. it doesn't damage the material of the visors at all... believe me, i worried before i did it. just a word of advice... watch how you handle the stuff, acetone will eat your paint. i'll post a pic or two shortly.

·
Registered
608 Posts
just get a towel put on the nail polish remover and rub off?? i want to kno a safe way to get that off thnx

·
Registered
24 Posts
how can i take off a integra sticker in t he back of my car, its a 90 n it would lokk cleaner without the integra sticker
i dont wanna damage the paint

·
Registered
188 Posts
Man I hate those. Anyone listen to loveline? Adam Corolla was looking at Aston Martins, and he was complaining about how on their hand-stitched suede sunvisor that probably cost $1000, there was a big yellow airbag warning.

I would just go to any hardware store and pick up a thing of pure acetone, fingernail polish can have dyes and stuff in it to condition nails blah blah blah. It should be in with the paint thinner, and if you can find a small can it'll probably be cheaper than nail polish remover. Plus it's good for cleaning just about anything.

supermario on Feb/23/05 said:
how can i take off a integra sticker in t he back of my car, its a 90 n it would lokk cleaner without the integra sticker
i dont wanna damage the paint
Do a search on debadging. It's pretty simple, use dental floss or fishing line, work it under the corner and under the little clip and get it off that way. Then use some sort of solvent (milder than acetone) to get the adhesive off.

·
Registered
906 Posts
my visor has suede on the top, the sticker is pullin on the suede, im not rubbin acetone on that..........it did work on the other 2

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
The older cars have different warning labels on them. The '94's are much smaller and black. The older visors also have a different mirror (smaller and with a flip down velcro cover flap). I believe there are 3 generations of labels. I don't know the exact years for the 3 generations. My '99 has the large labels with the yellow.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
SonicBlueTeg on Aug/02/02 said:
but u can still see the aftermarks of the labels.. jdm sunvisors dont have warning labels on them.. hint hint.. though they would have to be specially ordered

LoL - I have a JDM Teg and it has no airbags keeps the weight down ...

So no stickers its a USDM thing...

N

1 - 15 of 15 Posts