Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there an article or thread that shows how to remove the washer fluid bottle, i never use this thing anyways and i can use the weight reduction, i searched washer fluid and washer in the articles and forums but couldnt find anything.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
it is realyl easy, it is located in the fenderliner behind the bumper and in a g2, only 3 bolts hold on the bottle. but honestly, it does not reduce any noticeable amount of weight. if i were you, i would just leave it empty! you never know when you may need it!

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
integra_papa on Feb/10/06 said:
you are kidding right weight reduction on somethign that small. do what he said leave it empty. i heard it all now
agreed... simply leaving them empty will be 95% of the "weight reduction"

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i need the back seats its a daily driver, but yea the spares already out, thinking about it was kinda stupid of me to ask that lol, easiest way to drain the fluid is to just keep spraying it im guessing?

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
if its a daily driver, i'd keep the spare too. cuz if u get a flat tire, then ur pretty stranded. u could siphon out the fluid outta the resevoir or keep spraying it, but that would sorta waste it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
the only reason i could think of taking it out would maybe it would make the engine bay loook a little cleaner.. who knows.. and i love using my washer fluid

·
Registered
70 Posts
I took my washer tank out.. it makes my engine bay look cleaner and I think it improves on air flow. I have removed the plastic form the wheel well and that washer tank to improve air flow. but after I removed the wheel well i did a hood cable relocater so peeps cant pop open my hood from the outside of my car.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Im thinking of taking mine out. I dont even have the windshield squirters. lol also no rear wiper. I should just go ahead and shave the rear squrter also. lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
seeing how we are on this subject, should i go get a new one from the junkyard or can i buy the washer tank somwhere?
the bottom of mine ripped off when i was going up a bad drive way :(

edit: as for taking out for reduction i am more than sure it weighs well under a noticable weight empty.

thats like cutting your nails before you go on the scale

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
QBmurderer13 on Feb/10/06 said:
i need the back seats its a daily driver, but yea the spares already out, thinking about it was kinda stupid of me to ask that lol, easiest way to drain the fluid is to just keep spraying it im guessing?
you wont ditch the seats cause its a daily driver but you wanna remove the windshield washer fluid bottle from your car? that makes not sense at all. if you are serious about droppin weight drop off the a/c or p/s thaty will drop a few more. daily driver and weight reduction doesnt really go together in the same sentence.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
this is freaking stupid!! He's asking for help and you guys are making fun of him. If he wants to take off the washer fluid bottle it's up to him!

who cares why he wants to, it's his car.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.