Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i removed the 3rd brake light quite some time ago, and i'm just getting annoyed with the bolts that are sticking through the window. has anyone fixed this problem w/o buying gsr glass? would epoxy work? or smaller bolts and nuts?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
You could probably take the large bolt to a hardware shop, and find a regular sized one that would fit.

Silicone gasket might work, I forget the size of the holes, but if they are small enough it should seal them up good.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Just take a hacksaw and chop off most of the screw so nothing sticks out. Leave enough so it can stay sealed in the grommet and you're good to go. That's what I did when I removed the light on my LS.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
i don't understand why people remove there 3rd brake lights... weight reduction? Taking nightime visibility (when braking) away from your car just doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
If you have a spoiler with a brake light on it, its kinda overkill to keep the stock hatch brakelight. The stock spoiler pretty much blocks that light anyways :)

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
not to mention if its installed at the dealership they just unplug the window light and plug in the wing light. I took mine off about a month ago and found that out, thing is I've had it like that for 2 years. I've had friends follow me and they never noticed because like style said you can't see it through the spoiler.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i removed it a couple years ago. it bugged me that it was in the back window, so i took it out. looks better w/o it.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I took mine off of my LS because I wanted people to believe I had a GS-R with my fake VTEC emblem and the third brake light was giving me away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts