Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready for some mild tuning with my itr. I have fianlly got my mod list where i want it and with the addition of the few final pieces i hope to head to the dyno.

I want to add a remote mount fpr just to be safe i would hate to get to the dyno and something come up and have to put it off for months again.

So i was scouring my resources and came across this. Apparantley is uses an adapter plate in place of the oem fpr to supply fuel to the remote mount fpr.

just wondering if anyone was using this particular setup and if there were any issues. Aftermarket rails are really overkill and sorta bulky and this seems likea nice alternative. Just looking for user input.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
you really dont need that... bigger fprs are only needed when you have a signifigantly larger fuel pump and the oem fpr cant return enough fuel at once so that you can get the desired fuel pressue.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
^^Agreed. Also, most people that actually need this kind of setup will use SS braided lines with aeroquip (or other similar) ends to connect to the aftermarket fuel rail. However, I have seen that little adapter plate used in the place of the OEM fpr as well, and it works fine...

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i know its not really needed, i only run a 190 walboro. But i just want to be safe.

I was questioning the adapter, theres not much info on it. May hit up the machine shop i use and see if they can make something that looks/seals better.

I have an aeromotive inline filter and ss braided fuel feed line off the oem hardline so i may use braided ss line to hook this up ao it all matches and looks nice.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
JRutski on Sep/11/07 said:
As long as there is an o-ring on the bottom, which there should be, you will be fine.
Agreed... If it's fine to seal the OEM FPR it's fine for the plate... My main concern is the clamps that came with your kit. I wouldn't mess around with those clamps when it comes down to fuel.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i'm not too keen on the clamps either.

the only thing is i will have to swap all the fittings on the fpr if i go ss. Which will be a pita, but i will do it since i'm messing with fuel here. Fire FTL!

Thanks for the input guys just wanting some input before i choose my course of action here.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no it will not, the length of the hose has nothing to do witht he pressure. I will probablly mount the actual fpr itself on the firewall.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IIRC the vacum is what determines the fuel pressure? Someone correct me if i'm wrong here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.