Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Or, do like I did. Go to Home Depot, buy some 1" brackets, screws, washers and nuts.

Drill into the underside of your front bumper, where ever you want, and then mount. Took me about 10 minutes, but I had to take the front bumper off so I had access. The materials only cost about $2.

·
Registered
798 Posts
from the factory, assuming it is new. there shouldn't be any (yet) . its required to have a front liscense plate. go to the airport. if a cops sees that there isn't a front plate. you are going to get pulled over. i would put it on, just to save money, and save all that time. but in SO CAL, cops do care. just be careful

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I was told by a cop at a DUI check that I couldn't have my plate in the window, it has to be attached to the front of the car. I asked if could re-mount it lower, more set into the grille, and he said it would be okay, as long as nothing was in front of it and it wasn't slanted so much as to be illegible.

And ALL new cars have a front plate provision - it's required by federal law. on some cars, it's a cheap, ugly, dealer installed afterthought, and if it isn't required in the state of sale, most dealers don't even put them on.

Edit: Here's a pic of mine (now I just need one of them handy T-I front plate hole covers! *L*)

And another:

·
Registered
559 Posts
I was pulled over and I had mine in the bottom driver side. He said since it was on the bottom you couldnt really see it from far off. He even made me walk back 50 ft with him to show me. Then the sheriff told me he saw a civic driving down the other side of the highway with it attached to their pass side sun visor and he saw it plain as day. I have had mine this way for the past three cars and two years with no problems what so ever. I changed it a little though. I now have it suction cupped to the top right hand part of the windshield. Got the suction cups at the local crafts store.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.