Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a B18c integra and intend to turbocharge my car at the end of the year with a custom setup on stock internals. Of course, the biggest worry i have about this is the reliability of the turbo with the engine. Its a fact that my engine was NOT designed to handle a turbo application, and so this makes the reliability of it a bit of an issue. There are many off-putting stories about turbo Honda's but i am yet to hear some good stories about them. My intention is to run about 7psi and get it tuned 'to perfection'. At the same time, I want to be able to monitor my turbo setup with gauges. I am thinking Boost Gauge and Oil Temperature Gauge, are there any other gauges or actions i can take to maximise the efficiency of my engine? Any good tips or tricks out there?

I would also appreciate some good stories about turbo Honda's in terms of reliability.

And for all you who believe that higher boost = more horsepower, check this out

Civic Turbo

Cheers

·
Registered
693 Posts
Air/fuel gauge will be your best gauge...And can I stress that do yourself a favor all of you guys out there and BUY GOOD GAUGES ! Autometer SUCKS ok guys these gauges fail time and time again and are barly accurate ! Go with GReddy or Blitz yes they cost more ! Wonder why ? They are better !!

I suggest you take a lookie at our Turbo FAQ and other Articles on Turbos for some good info. All kind of good stories here let the madness begin...Hit it guys !

Turbo FAQ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts