Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thoughts on sequence of events when reinstalling engine and tranny? My son and I just cleaned and repainted his engine bay while the engine was out.

While the bay is completely empty...should we reinstall the engine and tranny, then add back everything else? Or add back certain items then engine? What makes most sense and ease of install?

Pic of when we removed the engine:
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

Engine bay now:
Automotive tire Wheel Hood Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good callout on the backside of the engine. I'll double check, but should be all good (fingers crossed). We installed the intake, fuel rail, alternator, distributor, etc. on it already. Basically everything but the exhaust manifold on front.

You're correct, the rear engine mount is pulled out. We are replacing it but haven't reinstalled yet. I'll definitely review how we removed in the first place. We followed the Jason Siu book on how to rebuild the engine.

When pulling the engine the only thing I can think of that got in the way is that pass side tranny mount welded in, and the various radiators/condensers up front. So I can't think of any reason not to reinstall almost everything.

For sure, however, would make sure you have a plan of attack for that rear engine/tranny mount. Those fasteners are an absolute nightmare to get at with engine in and intake manifold in. I can't see them in your before or after pic.

I don't have an abs module so can't comment there.

Running the wires behind the engine I've found easy so that can be done after.

Ofc, service anything on the backside of your engine now (intake manifold gasket, sensors, pcv lines, etc)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts