Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm aboout to order MT fluid for my teg, I was at myoilshop.com, and they have 2 types of redline products for manual transmission.

I wanted to know if I need MTL or MT-90 for my '95.

I also need to know how many I would need, 4?

anyone who uses redline, does it really make shifting a lot smoother?

thanks

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
I've used both. The MT-90 is slightly thicker. You'll need 2.3q, so 3 bottles should do you. Don't forget to change the washers while yourat it.

I mainly noticed cold shifts to be much smoother, but that's about it. I don't have any chatter problems, so I didn't notice any extreme gains. In a pinch, I picked up some Mobil 1 MTF and it seems to have the same feel as the Red Line. The cost factor is about the same for each.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
You can use either. As Gvtec said, MT-90 is slightly thicker. There is more info. on this subject - try a search.
My manual said Honda Manual Transmission Fluid or 10W-30 or 10W-40 as temporary replacement. I believe MTL would replace 10W-30 and MT-90 would replace 10W-40, don't remember. It's in one of my old posts. I use MTL, but I think I'm going to switch to MT-90. I live in CA - seldom gets cold, and I have a litte FD whine I would like to quiet down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts