Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, since I have gotten my car I have not been able to figure out what the hel this light is for. It is a little red light inbetween my hazzard & defrost button. I think It might have been a shift light or vtec light, but it doesnt work.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
not sure what we are supposed to answer here

if its not stock (which it isn't), the only person that could tell you is the previous owner.. all we can do is speculate

·
Registered
47 Posts
Look in your manual, if you have it or not it should say what it is :)

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
That is not stock. There's not supposed to be anything there so no one is really going to know what it is. Could be alot of things, I guess whatever the previous owner decided to install it for maybe you should ask. If the car has an alarm and it blinks when is armed, then that's a good bet what it is.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If it's a little red bulb shaped l.e.d. then I'd say it's for an alarm and that it didn't originally come with the car. Unless you have that one integra that blows up unexpectedly if it lights up.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Actually, it probably is stock. Many of the GS-R's that I have seen have this light. I believe that is is for the alarm. I am not sure why some have it and some don't. Am curious to know if anyone knows for sure what it is!

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
It's usually for an alarm, but even a stock alarm isn't technically "stock" because it is added afterwards at the dealer and not at the Honda factory. So you won't find any info about it in any service manual. Each dealer just contracts their own alarm company so the company can just decide to put an light there or somewhere else.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have an LED by the shifter too... but it's not used for anything and never lights. Strange, isn't it. The LED for the alarm is up behind the dash on the driver's side... I never did figure out what the shifter one was for.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
uhhhh this thread is like 3 years old...

....and could have ended on this one:

MorningZ on Aug/26/02 said:
not sure what we are supposed to answer here

if its not stock (which it isn't), the only person that could tell you is the previous owner.. all we can do is speculate

1 - 16 of 16 Posts