Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about putting in red indiglo gauges that i found on NOPI or some other internet site. I was just curious if anyone knows if they are illegal or not. I'm usually pretty good with the laws as too what's legal or not, but i'm stumped on this one.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
not saying for sure, but some pontiacs come stock hith red gauges
dont they?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are you sure, because i thought neons in the footwells were considered a visual distraction, and i know people who have gotten tickets for neons...i don't see how having glowing red gauges would be much different.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pontics have red numbers, not a complete glowing red gauge face

·
Registered
441 Posts
teggieracing on Aug/29/02 said:
are you sure, because i thought neons in the footwells were considered a visual distraction, and i know people who have gotten tickets for neons...i don't see how having glowing red gauges would be much different.
neons should get tickets especially the ones that think there fast and there ricer drivers who accualy put money into them... I'm Preety sure that only red and blue are the colors you cant have because you can be ticketed for impersonating but red gauges shouldnt be a problem because you cant see them that brightly from the outside of the car. But if you do get pulled over for some reason and their looking to give you a ticket for "something" the just dim the down if your that worried about it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i actually put red neons in my car because my emblems are red and red is the only color on the spectrum that doesnt affect night vision(yea science)....i put them in myself, im not a ricer am i? i just like the way it looks. and it does make the car go faster....hehe

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Green would be the best color to use. It is a scientific fact that green is a more visible color in the spectrum than red is. That is why green laser pointers are visible at such distances. Red should be ok though. I did an old BMW yesterday that had red guages. I don't think you should have issues. You may get tired of them pretty quick though. When they are dim, the numbers really blur together and make it hard to see em.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Jngrbrdman on Aug/29/02 said:
Green would be the best color to use. It is a scientific fact that green is a more visible color in the spectrum than red is. That is why green laser pointers are visible at such distances. Red should be ok though. I did an old BMW yesterday that had red guages. I don't think you should have issues. You may get tired of them pretty quick though. When they are dim, the numbers really blur together and make it hard to see em.
I agree with the green... i'm in the process of putting green led's throughout the car and in the gueage faces... i'm keeping the original guage plate but just putting a batch of 4 SUPERBRIGHT leds in place of each guage light... y dont you put superbright RED leds n place of yours?, they last longer and are brighter then a regular 914 bulb

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
well... jsut look around on-line and look for the RED led's with the highest MCD rating (MCD is how bright it actually is)

i'm getting my green led's from here:
http://www.bgmicro.com
i've looked all over and they have the highest MCD rating and are the CHEAPEST for that high of rating.

word of advise: Varad has jsut came out with SuperBright led's with a resistor pack alredy on them... they are $15 FOR oNLY 4 LED'S! thats insane! just get regular super high MCD led's and wire 3 to 5 of them in series and your on your way!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts