Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Switch out my white bulbs for my gauges to red, and changed climate control buttons to red, still have to do Clock and "1234" on climate control. What you think..They look more red in person. Next project is Painting my 94-97 tails to 98-01 tails all red. Finally found paint.

In other news, my brother just bought a '97 Silver LS...should be joining TI soon.

·
Registered
390 Posts
that looks great.. ive already done my cluster and want to move on to the climate lights.. what it pretty easy to do?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The hardest part with the climate lights is they are a pain to get off, just take your time and you should be able to do it pretty easily. Check out the step-by-stepStep-by-step
from mystikalstriker and i used legal folder divider tabs, worked great. Next onto the clock...

·
Registered
284 Posts
^Does anyone have an article on how to tint the clock in a G3? Is it possible the stock clock has this purplish tint to it? because mine seems to at certain angles.

Also I'm not sure on how to color the defrost button, so if someone could explain that, or has a link to a step by step i woudl really appreciate it!

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
JD911 on Feb/17/06 said:
^Does anyone have an article on how to tint the clock in a G3? Is it possible the stock clock has this purplish tint to it? because mine seems to at certain angles.

Also I'm not sure on how to color the defrost button, so if someone could explain that, or has a link to a step by step i woudl really appreciate it!
the clock has a purple tint cover to it. the lcd's actually emit green, and the purple tint filters it so it comes out looking white-ish in the end. your best bet would be to put whatever color tint you want oN TOP of the clock cover, not behind it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
i put a some red vinyl like mystikalstriker did to his climate control and mine looks pretty good its not as red as everything else but its not pink or any other color. ill put a picture up tomorrow and show you guys. And the only time you cant read it is when the sun is directly on it and then you can use a hand to block the sun so you can read fine.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Your defrost button has it's bulb blown out

also, dont forget to do the cruise control button

·
Registered
284 Posts
cell21633 on Feb/17/06 said:
the clock has a purple tint cover to it. the lcd's actually emit green, and the purple tint filters it so it comes out looking white-ish in the end. your best bet would be to put whatever color tint you want oN TOP of the clock cover, not behind it.

Can anyone verify this? In this article: http://www.geocities.com/mt3c/DIY_Amber_Clock.html

It shows it working properly, just wondering if anyone else has tried this and gotten the wrong color?

·
Registered
284 Posts
WARNING.... when i did my CC i didn't realize how important it was to strip oNLY the EXACT outline of the little man and arrows on the buttons. Almost immediately all the black surrounding it stripped on my buttons and now there is just a big white square. I gave up after the first attempt on one button, but it looks like complete sh*t now....

So...anyone know where i can order new buttons for teh Climate control?

·
Registered
284 Posts
how did you get that ring effect so perfect aroudn the gauges? Is it just good taping off?Also how did you apply the red tape to the clock? I've heard that its hard to tint because of a purple tint thats on the cover... You said you used 'ducky' tape from walmart, was it just a single layer to get that deep red color? I tried using a red tinted plastic but the color ended up looking washed out, i was thinking about double layering it, but i woudl like to try whatever you did as it looks good.

Oh and one last thing...when painting the needles did you paint the whole thing, just the bottom, or just the top? And what kinda paint?

·
Registered
284 Posts
^ http://www.geocities.com/mt3c/

Thats got em all. I'm just wondering about the clock, i've heard people say that its actually a greed LED with a pruprle tint over it, so putting red vinyl over it makes it look more pink than anything.... just wondering if someone could tell us how it went for them and how they did it?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.