Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear windshield washer nozzle one day just stopped functioning. I didn't have a clue why, but i got the bright idea of using an air compressor to blow into the line. Whelp, the fluid flows now, but it runs right into my headliner and down the rear passenger side of my seats. After much searching, i found that i could have easily fixed the clog by sticking a needle into the nozzle.

Seems like i must have disconnected the tube at the nozzle end of the car when i used the air compressor. Has anyone ever reconnected this tube? What's the easiest way to get to it? I'm looking at all the articles and everything seems to scream out "remove the entire rear panels and headliner." dang it. that's a couple hours of work and many broken tabs. The car is a 96 in sunny california, plastic clips are bound to snap.

Help. any ideas?

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
seekerz on Sep/05/07 said:
What's the easiest way to get to it? I'm looking at all the articles and everything seems to scream out "remove the entire rear panels and headliner." dang it. that's a couple hours of work and many broken tabs. The car is a 96 in sunny california, plastic clips are bound to snap.
There is no "easy way".. you have to get the headliner down

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
man, that's sad to hear. I guess I'm going to spend next weekend ripping things out.

For those who also gets a nozzle clog, use simple green and/or a needle and NOT a COMPRESSOR.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
if you have small hands you can get to it with out pulling the panels down, I know because that's how I just finished fixing mine, because of you I also noticed mine was unplugged, all you do is open your hatch hop inside the back. If you look there are two trims a black weather strip that sits on top of a tan one, just take off the tan one start from either end, once its off the rear of the head liner sags enough for you to put your hand under there. you clearly see the hose under there, the only thing is that the hose/tube what ever you want to call it goes in to a kind of a small hole and its hard to put the tube back on the nozzle but its possible I just plugged mine back on after reading your post.and you can do all of this with out putting a crease on the headliner

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice, heh heh. It was soo easy. i didn't know the grey part (grey for me, tan for you) can come off so easily to allow the headliner to sag a bit. While i was there, i was able to remove some hundred year old leaves that some how lodged itself in there, possibly from the moonroof.

·
Registered
254 Posts
How about posting up some pictures of where you fix it? Mine dont work either, I am going to try to needle trick, if not I will come back here to see how you fix it.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Is the fluid supposed to come out of the rear nozzle in a spray pattern? Mine just dribbles out like as if you just poured it onto the rear glass from the top in one specific spot. It comes out, just in a little river of fluid without any spray pattern to it like the front nozzles do.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Project-R - unfortunately I didn't take any pictures but mine wouldn't work for some reason and then I accidentally broke it sometime back. So I wanted to replace it. What I did was replace the nozzle and the small transparent tube that's attached to the nozzle (which is about 6in long). And voila, it worked. The original must have had some dirt accumulated in it, blocking it. If you still need the pictures, please respond and I can take some and send it (I am still working on my actuator so will be spending some more time in the trunk :))

ThirdeYe - Mine dribbles too. As far as I can remember, mine never sprayed. And I bought the car new from the dealer.

·
Registered
372 Posts
It drives me nuts how it comes out in a pissing stream rather than a spray pattern.

I used compressed air but accessed the rear fluid feed tube from the engine bay.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.