Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if it is safe to put a sway bar on the rear of my car(it's a four door and it has been lowered to 2.5in.)

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Louse76 on Feb/19/04 said:
But you can't turn fast enough to make use of a bigger rear sway when you're lowered 2.5".
???????

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
He was making a joke that the car would be so low that it would scrape if he made fast turns due to body roll.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Somehow I knew he knows better...thanks.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
justin_dailey on Feb/19/04 said:
He was making a joke that the car would be so low that it would scrape if he made fast turns due to body roll.
No really, I'm not joking. Maybe if you had some DAMN STIFF springs you could make a quick turn assuming the surface was perfectly flat. It's just unfunctional to lower 2.5" and still go for performance.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
true...but I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you wouldn't assume his springrate...although it probably is too low for performance.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Louse76 on Feb/20/04 said:
Quote: justin_dailey on Feb/19/04He was making a joke that the car would be so low that it would scrape if he made fast turns due to body roll. No really, I'm not joking. Maybe if you had some DAMN STIFF springs you could make a quick turn assuming the surface was perfectly flat. It's just unfunctional to lower 2.5" and still go for performance.
I do think it would help considering the bar increases spring rates. But he doesn't have much suspension travel! So it would at best be of little help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts