Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wan to know if the rear sway bar on the 4dr's and the 2 dr's are the same. Mainley because i have a friend here in morgan town who just wrecked his R (not a member of this site) and i was going to buy his rear sway bar because it was in a front end smash fest. I looked and i have searched i havent found a thing. So i was hoping that you guys can help me out here.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
the rear swaybar on the 2 dr ITR (USDM) [there's a 4dr ITR in Japan apparently] 22mm rear sway will be larger than anything that's on a 2dr or 4 dr USDM LS. The 4dr LS' rear sway is larger than the 2dr LS by the same amount across all years in the gen 3's. The JDM ITR's ran a 23 mm rear swaybar BTW.

SurferX was kind enough to put in a lot of his own free time to making this article here for everyone's benefit. It has pretty much most of basic specs like rear swaybar diameter for each model, including the info you are searching for.

Going 22mm front (99 LS) and 22mm rear isn't going to get you the rotation you want for autocross but at least it's more oversteer than what you have now.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
I use springs and shocks and try not to rely on the swaybars for me to get the slow speed rotation (you really don't get up to big speeds in a parking lot making solo2 appealing since you know the chances of you rolling the car or going off and hitting a tire barrier or concrete wall or guardrail are less). If you do HPDE or any solo1 type lapping then you need less rotation setup compared to parking lot speeds.

so what to recommend depends upon the intended use.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Theres alot of different opinions in the autocross world on the more sway bar or more spring issue.
I'm starting to go with the idea that the more spring you have the more your able to "tune" the sway bar. It also alows more independant suspension travel. This is my opinion of those two issues and is only one side of the arguement.

The SCCA solo2 courses they set up here in Portland, cars are known to get up to 70mph plus. So it would be a good idea to see how your local SCCA group likes to set up their cones.

·
Registered
813 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.