Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering picking up a rear strut bar for my RS. Question is, for what it does, is it a worthy tradeoff for the trunk space that you lose with it? I just want to make sure that it actually helps handling enough to buy one. I just installed a front strut bar last night and while I'm sure it's stiffened up the front I can't feel much difference.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Here is a great article about strut bars and what they do.

SurferX's article

You really don't loose much space, and I could feel a slight difference with my cheap-o bar.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Is the rest of your suspension stock? If it is, you'll probably notice no difference w/ a rear tower bar. Spend your money on shocks and springs, then buy a rear bar (you might actually notice it then)

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
If you think about it, you'd notice a lot more with a front strut bar before you have upgraded springs/struts.

I REALLY felt it when I put in my front upper strut bar with stock suspension...

Also, what front strut bar did you use? Maybe its a POS?

If you feel no difference with that, the rear is even less, you won't want to spend the money on it. Get a beefier rear sway bar instead... like the cheap stock ITR one.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I replaced my stock front upper bar and added a rear upper bar at the same time, both Neuspeed. They made a noticeable difference (quicker turn in - more solid feel.) A Neuspeed front bar on my '89 CRX made a noticeable difference. But what's noticeable to one, may not be to another. You might want to do other suspension mods first. Results also depend on the quality of the bars. It's hard to say.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
The effect of a Strut Bar or Tie Bar won't take into affect until your chassis starts to flex. If you don't corner hard enough before you put the bar in to feel the car being unstable due to the chassis flexxing, you sure won't feel after you put the bar in.

The handling performance upgrade on strut bars will not take in effect as quickly as a sway bar or springs and shock upgrade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts