Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wtf is that noise that keeps happening whenever i go over speed bumps OR any type of bump for that matter? i always hear it when i am driving and i dont know how to solution it. any help would be great. :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
I had the same problem.

I used duct tape and wrapped around the silver U-looking latch and it got rid of the trunk rattling.

Now I need to fix the passenger seat from rattling..

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
98_gsr on Oct/01/07 said:
i know its not your rear panel
try wrapping the silver part that locks the hatch down in electrical tape sometimes the latch gets a little loose over time that should tighten it up.
thanks man i will try this :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
it might not even be the latch. do you have all of the weather lining in or in correctly. it could be that? cause when i painted my integra i left it out for a a day or so and it would rattle or i wold hear like a bang going over a speed bump..?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
its kinda a phantom problem i have adjusted the striker, put tape on the latch u-bolt thing...it will always be there to some extent. My best advice is to get used to it or get ready to chase a cat up a tree trying to find and Eliminate the squeak/ rattle
-Mike

·
Banned
9,126 Posts
mine does it too and i know for a fact its the rear panel because its a high pitched squeek and i can grab and shake the panel and it does it ive had the panel off but to fix it i have no idea

·
Registered
339 Posts
not to hijack or anything but have you guys heard rattling in or near the speedo cluster? i hear it in the upper left part, particularly when my idle makes my car shake some (revving up)

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra GSR
2,880 Posts
I had some hatch/trunk area rattle issues going around tight turns and such (regaurdless of speed). I learned to deal with it.

I just installed a C-pillar bar the other day and I noticed that the noise went away. Weird.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
bleemasaurus, is it a rattle? Or like a thump? Because I know that when my hatch latch was screwed up, the hatch wasn't locking in place right, so it would bounce up a small bit when I hit bumps. on the hatch, make sure that when you close it, the latch is moved to the right. Otherwise it doesn't close right. If that's your issue, let me know and I'll help you fix it so the lever doesn't stick anymore.

·
Premium Member
1996 LS Manual Hatchback
2,509 Posts
i have it too, never had it on my old one though, weird, it was only a year younger than my current one, but I just installed my c pillar bar today and it really reduced the noise alot, now i only hear it more towards the back and not from the back all the way up the side anymore. I'm going to try getting a rear strut bar and see if that has any effect, although I doubt it. We shall see though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.