Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of replacing my rear engine mount on my 97 gsr. Got the new mount in ok but i am having a terrible time lining up the hole for the one long bolt that goes through the mount. I have tried jacking the engine, rocking the engine, line up tool, etc. At one point i got it in the first hole but could not get it to come out the other side, so i removed it to try again, and now i'm stuck. This is my DD so i really need some advice ASAP.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, last night i finally got it,i had a buddy come over to give me a hand. After that it did not take to long. The only thing i had to remove was the strut bar, relocate the heater control away from the firewall, cruise control to remove top engine mount. Getting the mount was not that much of a problem. I just jacked the engine way up and used a rachet strap on the core support to rotate the engine forward. The problem I had was getting the bolt hole to line back up. But i can now say it can be done without pulling the intake. I can also say that i would have alot less scrapes on my forearm if i would have pulled the intake.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
codenamezero on Sep/16/07 said:
i think you need to remove the intake manifold to replace the rear engine mount...
deffinately not

what you should do and i know its a pain but take all of the bolts out of the bracket there should be two on the trans and one that goes through the trans then put the bolts in in this order

through the mount
through the trans
bottom trans
top trans

you may find it hard to get the trans bolt hols to line up after you bolt the mount up but all you have to do is loosen the two upper side mounts and place a jack under the trans and/ or have someone rock the motor and they will line up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i did mine last night actually, we had the tranny mount cnnected and the motor was on the crane. we had the same trouble but popped off the intermediate shaft and with a little rocking and moving it went right in

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.