Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this earlier but in a differnt forum and i got no replies. I figured i'd give it another shot.

I have a 91 rs and my rear defroster wont turn off. It is constantly on. When i turn the car on its on and it wont turn off. I'll push the button and it will stay on. Than sometimes its off, but than it wont turn on, than magicalyy it will turn on by itself, and i wont be able to turn it off. It is constanly acting up. Sometime it will be off and i wont beable to turn it on. Or sometime i will be able to turn it on but than i cant turn it off. Or i will turn it on and than it will turn it self off.

Is my friggin car possesed? It seems to act up alot in colder weather and when it rains (this is what i have noticed but its freakin 90 degrees and the damn thing wont turn off so i dunno!?!?!?!) My friend has a 92 gs and he kinda has the same problem except his wont even turn on. Are the tegs known for having a faulty defroster? What can i do to fix the prob? I'm sure it isnt the fuse cause i checked that and it dident efect it at all. It's been doing this for along time know so any and all help will defintly be appreciated. Thanks allot guys.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Okay I'll look into it. I believe the switch itself is a relay, which means the switch might be "always closed" and keep it in the on position.

oh yeah, you are damned if you don't doo-doo.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point, your right. You are damned if you dont doo-doo
Hey thanks for the help I really appreciate it. No one seemed to answer to this post but it is a serious question/problem that not only i am suffering from but a friend as well. Again thanks alot for the help, I'm been living with this damn broken defroster for almost about a year it seems.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
sorry, it's been a couple of days, I've been busy pulling out my engine. I haven't forgotten tho.

Ls/VTEC homina...homina...homina...

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
okay it is Definitely a relay/switch assembly.
I believe it is number four. my original suggestion would be to swap the cruise control out with the defroster, but it looks like the backs are keyed to prevent you from installing them in the wrong location. you could still try it tho, swap them and see if it works. A new switch will run you approx 30 bucks. now if you wanted to test it before you replace it, that'll take me a bit to research

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So your saying the problem is in the switch it self? I dont have cruise on my car so I wouldnt be able to switch it. Where would i have to go to buy a relay switch to replace the possable faulty one. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
442 Posts
You can definitely test the switch before you replace
it. Then, you can just go to the Acura dealer, if it's
broken, and get a new one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts