Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called the acura dealer and they want $297.00 for the rear deck in the trunk. if you dont know what im talking about its that board that sits in your trunk right under the carpet. i got a custom stereo installed and now.......ive realized its too damn heavy. I have no idea where my old deck went, so if anyone knows where i can get one for cheaper than that, please let me know.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Holy crap,

what do they make it out of platinum or what?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i was saying!! it looks like they make it out of scrap wood to me. ill make my own before i spend that much money on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you mean the deck that is made out of cardboard, they are really weak, and get broken easily if your dont have a spare tire and jack. I would recommend borrowing a friends, tracing the outline of it of a piece of wood and cutting the piece of wood to fit, this is much stronger and depending on the type of wood, not much heavier. Another Idea, is removing that rear trunk plastic panels, carpet, etc., and installing a cargo shelf or whatever they call them (thing that fits between the top of the rear seat and the hatch glass) since this prevents people from seeing into the trunk. With this second idea your car will be lighter and have slightly more trunk space.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
thats for that cardboard piece that rests on top of the spare tire....

the rear hatch lid isn't on that page

geeeez.. those little plastic snaps (#11) list for $2.26 a piece? thats crazy!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I think thats what he's talking about, it says the 'board that sits under your carpet' and then says 'it looks like its made out of scrap wood'. I don't think he means the removable hatch lid.
As for 297 that is the biggest bullsh*t I have ever heard in my life. I've basically come to the conclusion that dealerships try and just take your wallet and beat it with a big stick till all the money comes out.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
oh oops.. my bad.. all i saw was "rear deck", which is the piece i am talking about... (and probably what the dealer thought as well)... the peice thats $66 would be a the "trunk floor"

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Yeah, I was confused by his post because he said both rear deck, like Z thought, (the part between the glass and trunk) and the piece under the carpet, aka spare tire lid...so that's the part I looked up for him.

Just a thought, maybe he messed up when he called the dealership and asked for the rear deck, so they quoted him for that part and not the spare tire lid?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the replies. Cheezthis, that is the part im looking for, but even 66 bucks still seems kinda steep. i know that it is way cheaper than the dealer, but i think id rather just cut out my own, it will probably be stronger this way anywayz. that deck just rests in the trunk right?? Here is a pic of my setup in my trunk, i pretty much want it back to stock looking, and then im just gonna put in a standard box so i can remove it when i go to the track.is there anything else that i need besides this deck thing and the carpet? Thanks.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
whoa....i didnt see those last 3 posts by cheez and Z until now..........i dont know if i screwed up when i called the dealer or not. i just explained to him what i had done to my trunk, and that i wanted "that board that sits in the trunk under the carpet", i guess he might have missunderstood me, but for the thing that you guys are talking about that goes between the glass and the rear seats, i still have, so thank god i dont need another one of those if thats the price!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, there arent any junkyards with honda acura parts within 200 miles from me. HAP is the only place i know of and thats way up north. i think the cutting my own board for it sounds pretty good right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts