Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

you know that top phillips screw that attaches the bumper to the quarter panel? well I don't see how the screw actually screws onto anything.

Some crappy shop put on a aftermarket rear bumper and just drilled some holes into the metal in that area so that they can attach the bumper. Now I want to put my stock bumper back on...but I don't see how the phillips screw connects the bumper and the panel...is there supposed to be some attachment bracket or something?

cuz all I see is one big rectancle sized hole on the bumper and the panel. how does a small teenie eenie weenie screw connect the two parts through those humungo giganto big rectangle size slots. hehe.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
k my mistake, it connects to the rear quarter panel (stupid me). i'll edit that in my prior post.

anyways, that's not really my question. i just want to know how that screw in the top yellow circle connects the bumper to the panel.

im really lost as to how it does because i don't see any place for the screw to go in.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
well there should at least be a hole there. i forgot what exactly is in there that the screw threads into, but it might be the same as the front bumper. and if that is the case, then you need to get a small plastic piece that inserts into the quarter panel so that you can thread your screw into it.

Better yet, why don't you just call your local acura dealership and ask them how it screws in? When i need a part, and am not sure what it is, i go to the parts department and ask them to show me the exploded diagram that they use to I.D. the part and i just point it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.