Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have anyone ever considered putting their charge pipe THROUGH the stock airbox and rubber arm to their IM?

reason about this, is because when you need to pass inspection, maybe i can just disconnect a vaccum hose, so i will never go into boost, then just swap in a stock ECU, and it would go back being a stock car...

1) stock rubber hose can act as insulator for the charge pipe
2) it should pass any visual inspection since the stock air box and all would hide the charge pipe.
3) a custom exhaust manifold plate would cover up the turbo and the mani

just throwing ideas hehe...

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
recirculate the bov to the intake before the turbo and route the dumptube to the downpipe. the only trick is getting the oem intake rubber pipe over the good charge pipe. i would just slice it on the back side and side it over. like wire loom style

·
Registered
956 Posts
You would have to swap out the injectors for stock ones, resistor box if you have one for the injectors, cut your fpr down, possibly pull your wg spring and hope the dump is recirculated, maybe ditch the free flowing expensive exhaust setup ect.. ect.. It would take a bunch to just pass an inspection. If I were to go though all that trouble I'd also just unbolt the turbo setup, cap the oil feed and return and throw in a stock basemap chip in the ecu, maybe leave the ic hanging with some of the piping and have it inspected like it was all stock and bolt it all back up when I was dun.

Good thing I don't have to have mine inspected I guess...

Your idea on routing the charge though the oem air box would work however.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Danny50 on Sep/01/07 said:
i dont know man, seems like its going to be more troble than its worth, good idea in theory though, sneaky sneaky
I agree

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
T04EGSR on Sep/01/07 said:
You would have to swap out the injectors for stock ones, resistor box if you have one for the injectors, cut your fpr down, possibly pull your wg spring and hope the dump is recirculated, maybe ditch the free flowing expensive exhaust setup ect.. ect.. It would take a bunch to just pass an inspection. If I were to go though all that trouble I'd also just unbolt the turbo setup, cap the oil feed and return and throw in a stock basemap chip in the ecu, maybe leave the ic hanging with some of the piping and have it inspected like it was all stock and bolt it all back up when I was dun.

Good thing I don't have to have mine inspected I guess...

Your idea on routing the charge though the oem air box would work however.
Do they even check injectors? Heck i can just spray them flat black and they would never know wtf are those injectors. :p lol

Yea that's what i'm thinking with the rubber intake hose, and actually i the intake box too, i was thinking just chop the bottom part in half, so i can just sandwich the charge pipe, similarly with the rubber intake hose.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.