Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys replace the tensioner spring when you do a T-belt change, water pump and tensioner?
i got everything but the spring and never thought about it. Just wanting some imput, thanks.

·
Registered
404 Posts
the dealer told me that it can be reused, but depending on the shape... but you wouldn't want to redue the job to replace the tensioner... so i went ahead and got it replaced

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
it will help your tensioner pulley from getting loose .... ...

sadly one time i didnt replace it.... and the belt jumped teeth and i had a lot of work to do....

i would just replace it.. i know sometimes it may be hard cause the dealership might not be open when your finishing...

I mean it really depends on a case to case basis ... but when it comes to springs its hard to tell if they are borderline bad.....

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
*** Removed by user at Sep 5 2007 5:41PM (Server Time) ***

BolanosAV on Sep/04/07 said:
it will help your tensioner pulley from getting loose .... ...
It doesn't help your tensioner from getting loose. it just provides the necessary tension on the belt before tightening the tensioner bolt. think of it as a someone helping you put tension on the bolt while you tighten it in place. "technically" you can remove the spring after tightening the bolt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.