Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i am planning on taking a 4 dr integ. and throwing a RB26DET and trani in, for a strip demon! sence the curb weight on a GT-R is close to 3.65k on the scale, an integ w/ the light body should pull down some impressive #'s due to its aro. styling. what do u all think of this?

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
not to mention...rear-wheel drive conversion

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
RB26DET... is that a GT-R engine?... whoa... talk about a frankenstein car... hehe.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
tim on Sep/13/02 said:
that is gonna cost alot, since you'll have to custom to get the engine/tranny to fit.
yeah, you'll probably have to tub the drive shave houseing and re-locate the exhaust... might be better off raising the floor pan. i read an article about a beetle that they put the AUDI AWD turbo quattro system in and they raised the floor pan like 4 inches to compensate for the extra drive shaft components that went to the rear... it did 0-60 in like 4.6 sec's though. good luck!!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Impossible man, those engines are six cylinders and they run parallel to the car. I dont think that one would fit in the engine compartment, IMO i think it would be badass. I would do anything for that car!! Mostly because of the engine in it. Someday........

·
Registered
301 Posts
i dont think its impossible, just nearly impossible. even w/ the straight six, he can still modify it some way to fit. ive seen supras w/ altezza and gtr motors, rx-7s w/ supra motors, and even if the teg has a smaller engine bay, it still can be done. anything can w/ a little imagination and $$$. hey good luck cuz youd be the first that i know to pull it off.
gtr's come in 4wd, and rwd, so y not go for the 4wd?

oh yea, i hope youre not doing this w/o a proper game plan. if you just came up w/ the idea out of the blue and dont know how youre gonna do it, i say just dont.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think its a good idea also, but it'd be price prohibitive. You're looking at a whole custom front end, from the suspension (its a lot heavier motor you're dealing with, so your stock suspension would be shot. Ask anyone with a Jeep CJ5 who did a Chevy 350 conversion) all the way up to your cowlings and fairings and hood. Then you'd have to strengthen your unibody if not tube frame it (ask anyone who put a big block in a Chevy Vega. The torque twists the frame all silly). You'd also have to modify the rear suspension and chassis to handle not only the rear differential and axles, but the weight of those components. Like they said too, you'd have to make room for the bellhousing on the tranny in your ****pit, and room for the transaxle running down the middle of your cabin. It'd be a nightmare, but have fun.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
anything can be done with the right skills and bank account. hey did you guys ever seen in SCC this guy put a 5.0 in a miata? i bet that ride was crazy. also in SCC, a guy put a twin-turbo Z engine into a maxima. i dunno the yr model, but it was the more boxy design ones. there were pics of the engine bay, too so it's for real. and the maxima is front drive. the guy kept the fwd config, too. damn!

·
Registered
206 Posts
good luck! if you're gonna go ahead with this idea. It'll be on monster of a car that's for sure!

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
a TT 300Z has the same base block as the maxima-- just turboed with different internals-- therefore easy swap--
5.0 in a miata--- hint the miata is a front engine rear wheel drive with a big engine bay for a small motor-- all you have to do is modify the tranny with a plate to match the new block to the drivertrain---

think guys - yes this is possible but again WHERE WOULD YOU PUT THE DRIVETRAIN/shaft????
there is no room in the undercarriage except for that of the exhaust-- ASSuming you could actually fit this into the engine bay without having to tear out your fire wall, and you put the driveshaft in the current exhast location-- where would your exhaust run????

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
if this were to be done...it would NOT be street-legal, so it'd be an expensive track car.

·
Registered
157 Posts
95gsrturbo on Sep/14/02 said:
a TT 300Z has the same base block as the maxima-- just turboed with different internals-- therefore easy swap--
5.0 in a miata--- hint the miata is a front engine rear wheel drive with a big engine bay for a small motor-- all you have to do is modify the tranny with a plate to match the new block to the drivertrain---
Ford also makes their engines multiplatform, and therefore easy to swap with several transmissions. The ZX2 Zetec engine for example will mate up to a wide range of Ford and Mazda transmissions including some in the RWD arrangement. I'm sure the engineers didn't have a 5.0 Miata swap in mind when they designed the car, but you'd be surprised how versatile Ford engines and transmissions are for hybrids

I still hate everything with a Blue Oval though, don't let me confuse you.

The determining factors for any engine swap or hybrid vehicle are money and ingenuity. The latter is the far more valuable resource of the two.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Why would you do this in a teg? I have a better Idea...

Sell the teg, buy a 240sx, and then do the swap. Save the money man. You're not gonna lose anything going 240 ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts