Team Integra Forums banner

raybestos STS brake pads good/bad?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  CJ 
#1 ·
At my work we sell these new Reybestos STS "performance" brake pads. I'm wondering if anyone has used/heard about these being good or bad?

They cost 70 bucks for front and rears, each set.

they are made of ceramic and supposedly cool quicker, dont cause dust, and dont squeek until the indicator starts rubbing.

I'm going for new brakes anyways right now because I need them, but if these STS pads aren't that great I'll just go for the cheaper ones.

BTW I get 25% off the $70 price. still worth it?

#4 ·
lol. well, im sure someone works at CSK auto AkA Kragen Auto Parts... I got the pads they work well so far...
but! i also was told that ceramic pads will wear the sh!t out of my rotors, but ah well.

a new problem I have now is that my brake system has problems. weeeee.... spongy pedal means either bad MC, air in lines, moisture in lines, bad soft brake lines, air in ABS unit, contaminated fluid, OOOORRrrrrr.... Im just cursed and my car will never be 'cool' ever, ever, ever again. yeah.
lol.

#5 ·
I just purchased the performance rotors. the cross drilled and slotted. Ill keep you guys updated on the performance. I got the brutestop ones which i dont think have much of a difference then getting the STS rotors. Both are cross drilled and slotted.

#6 ·
Yea i installed my front rotors and i already feel a good difference in them. Its more responsive and takes less force to brake hard in them. I will be getting the rear sts rotors in soon. Since i work for monument i got them for 47 each in the front and 33 each in the rears. I do recommend these rotors who do autox/drags/drive fast and also who want some show parts to their cars. I definetly did not purchase these for show but they do look real clean on the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.