Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a question... i have some rattling from what i think is the firewall at around 3000 RPM. I remember reading that this is somewhat common with tegs. If this is the part that is rattling how would i find it and fix it? this might not make sense... just ask to explain more and i will..
thanks

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
my teg does this as well, it sounds like its comin from around the passenger side, maybe more in the dashboard. it sounds like a really high pitched vibrating noise and only happens at certain RPMs

im not worried about it but it is pretty effin annoying

·
Registered
185 Posts
Its the heatshield that goes around you cat...take it off, it hurts nothing. And afterwards, you can dousch it with gasoline and light it on fire. Thats what I did with mine because it was a ***** to get off!!!!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
mine also rattles but it was not the heat shield...the part that was rattling was the lining in the wheel well was loose and so it started to rattle at higher speeds, when my borther is in the passenger seat he just hit the vent with his fist and it stopped, after a while i just tightened the screws and it doesn't make anymore noise...

·
Registered
267 Posts
I beleive the rattle I have is coming from my cats heatsheild as well. Mine also kicks in around 3k RPM's. What I'm thinking of doing is going out and getting two metal zip ties and just tightening up the heatsheild at both ends.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
he just hit the vent with his fist and it stopped
i've noticed that this action does remedy a lot of problems with my teg...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts