Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys, need some help.

lately my car has been rattling in low RPM's. not necessarily idle, but when i rev it a little, as the RPM's drop back down it rattles. i checked with hood open, it sounds like its coming anywhere under the intake manifold side. and checked under the car, seems to get louder, but i already took off the catalytic converter and re-bolted it on, so im pretty sure it isnt that.

i made some videos, hopefully they help a bit more then just text.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
iloveacura on Oct/04/07 said:
for me its hard to tell, try making a video where you hold the rpms at the rattle point
thats just the thing, it doesn't really rattle as im revving it, it rattles as the RPM's drop back down to idle

·
Registered
282 Posts
Mine did that for about 2 months and than i just finally drove it up on a ramp and looked under it..... than i seen a part that shields the exhaust system had bent and was smacking metal against metal, i bent it back and its not as loud now but it still rattles some what

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah there's no mechanical problems, the car runs fine (except for overboost problem that i'm having, but im going to make a seperate thread for that one haha)

·
Registered
712 Posts
maybe the cat itself is bad.....theres a honeycomb look-a-like thingy on the inside of your cat, check if it's still good or not. this problem comes up alot and most likely it's the cat itself.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well...i'm not gonna lie, there is a stripped bolt on the header (exhaust manifold) and also there is a stripped / missing bolt on my throttle-to-intake manifold connection, maybe thats it?

also b18c1mien - i'll check the honeycomb inside the cat tomorrow, it's already too late tonight. thanks guys.

anymore inputs?

·
Registered
603 Posts
nope. im almost positive its the heatshield on the cat...either that or you have the infamous b-pipe rattle...but check your cats heatshield...liek the metal on the cat....mine used to do that and it drived me fckin bonkers. Lemme know...if its not the cat...u may have a loose bpipe.

-ryan

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.