Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched this problem for a few weeks but still haven't been able to fix it yet. I have a 96 ls with a b20b swap, boosted and tuned with hondata s100, been running this set up for 40k miles without a problem until about a month ago. When I'm driving around the car will randomly start sputtering and make a backfire or popping sound for about 10-15 seconds then clear up and run fine. This occurs at any given speed, usually under light acceleration and happens maybe once or twice a day. I don't have any codes and when it happens my wideband reads 10.0.

Things I've tried:
Distributor and set base timing
Spark plugs (NGK BKR7E)
Fuel pump (another walbro)
Fuel filter
Cleaned my injectors
Replaced timing belt
Did a TPS resistance sweep

Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated! :beer:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been trying to find a decent fuel pressure gauge to run from the filter, out the hood, and hold it on the windshield with one of the windshield wiper blades to keep an eye on it when this happens. I have one mounted on the filter but it does me no good while driving. Is it possible for an injector to hang open randomly? I pulled the rail and injectors a few days ago and cycled the key a few times to check for drips and they're all good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts