Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey integra fam so this is whats goong on i have a 98 integra ls with an auto b18b1
Now starting last monday morning i was driving on the highway and my car shut off and i rolled to the shoulder and after waiting a few seconds i turned the key and the engine turned over but no start so i waited another minute and i gave it another go and it started back up and i got all way to my destination with no issues and even returned home with no issues later that night same thing i was driving for a while and then another random shut off waited a few and it started back up no issues , since then its been the same pattern even after changing the fuel pump and fuel filter which was just changed today i started her up let her get warmed up and took it for a drive after about 10 minutes she shut off i tapped the distributor with a wrench and she started up and then shut off then i waited a few again she started up and i drove maybe 5 feet she shut off again i waited again she started and now i just made it back to my house, now im starting to suspect the dizzy only because last week when i checked it the screw holding the rotor in place worked its way out and the rotor flipped around and i guess i was driving it like that for awhile. Anyone have any ideas what i can do, if it is the distributor i have a spare d16y8 dizzy from a 96 civic would that be compatible in any way??

·
Registered
208 Posts
how old is the main relay? id try that from the civic just to test it. the dizzy from single cam wont work, has to be b series.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay im going to have to buy a main relay i dont have the one from the civic but i took the distributor apart and cleaned it up it was greasy and grimey on the inside and i was able to drive to the gas station and back without shutting down i will check the main relay tomorrow tho just incase because i know its never that easy lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
Basically used a voltmeter and a wiring diagram, found out where the power was getting cutoff from the car and cut out the part of the alarm that was responsible for that. Then soldered a wire between the cut wires...

My car would shutoff but the dash lights were still on, then suddenly the car would fire back up again. It happend a few more times then finally wouldn't start at all...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay integra homies i managed to fix the issue turns out the ICM in my dizzy went bad i replaced it with the one from my d16y8 dizzy and added some thermal grease and shes good as new

1 - 7 of 7 Posts