Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone so I have a 1992 Acura integra with a b16 in it on s300 and lately I have been facing a issue the issue is when randomly while driving the car hits a wall like and the CEL pops us then goes away (no codes) I tried to data log this incident but once it happens my data log stops almost like I’m losing power to the ecu. It happens randomly it feels like rev limit kinda hard to explain. Pls help thanks in advance.
(New dizzy happened on the old one too)

·
Registered
7 Posts
With not much info to go on, I would look at main relay. Swap it out with a known working unit to see if that helps. You will get a wide range of suggestions with little info available to diagnose. I'm curious what datslog can show.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With not much info to go on, I would look at main relay. Swap it out with a known working unit to see if that helps. You will get a wide range of suggestions with little info available to diagnose. I'm curious what datslog can show.
I tried to data log it but once it happens it stops the data log

·
Administrator
4,361 Posts
Hondata has safety parameters that could be activated that keep RPM's below a preset threshold when other conditions are met. For instance, my Hondata has a safety parameter set where RPM is limited if coolant temp exceeds a certain temp, or if IAT's exceed a specified temp. Something to take a look at within the software, as what you're describing sounds like it might be inline with safety parameters set within the software.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hondata has safety parameters that could be activated that keep RPM's below a preset threshold when other conditions are met. For instance, my Hondata has a safety parameter set where RPM is limited if coolant temp exceeds a certain temp, or if IAT's exceed a specified temp. Something to take a look at within the software, as what you're describing sounds like it might be inline with safety parameters set within the software.
I don’t think so at all cars never did this and has been tuned for months with no issues tune hasn’t changed in so long so for it o just happen now I was thinking grounds or ignition switch

·
Administrator
4,361 Posts
That's good feedback, but I would caution with the "it's never done this before" feedback. Well you very well may not have had this issue in the past, there could be something underlying now happening causing a safety parameter to be activating now. The cell popping on as you put it is an indicator of that happening, especially if the ECU isn't storing any codes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts