Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, when im driving normally, its fine.. But if I go to race, when I shift into second, the radio and the compartment attached to it, falls out, all the way to the shifter in 2nd gear position, and I cant hit 3rd, so I lose.. Thats not the main problem, the problem is the radio falling out.. Why is it doing this, anyone else have this problem? I have a pioneer DEH-P7200 that I plan on putting in sometime soon, will using the bracket for that make it stay in? I really wanna know whats causing this before I put my radio in, because I dont want it falling out on me..

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
easy answer: poor install

if its done like the article:
- if you skipped the part where one bends the tabs of the cage, then the radio will slide right out....
- if the tabs are bent in, and just the chassis of the radio slides out, then you dont have the radio "locked" into place

if it has a kit
- Kit might not be "snagged in" full
- plus could be either of the two reasons above

regardless of which method, a backstrap is a help (and makes it harder to steal as well) as is double checking that the cage is properly secured using the tabs, and the "locks" (on a Pioneer, the cage has two "flaps" on the side that slide into a notch on each side of the radio) into place

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not my radio, I know how to put mine in..
Its the factory radio thats doing this.. Any answers on that one?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
its not bolted in... someone just "slid it in" and didn't use the two bolts to secure it

as demonstrated by the arrows

and your current stock radio is mounted totally different than the Pioneer will be, so how it is now has zero impact on how it will be

·
Registered
634 Posts
factory radio sucks anyway. good time to put in your aftermarket radio and follow the articles.. i did and mine never falls out when i FLOOOOORRRRRRRRRR it.. lol

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know, ive got my entire system sititng in a closet in my house just begging to be put in.. the only tihng stopping me is I dont have the wiring harness, and im poor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts