Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
At the last autox me and my bro went to his radio fell out. Someone put in a 10 disc changer and i think they didnt put the radio back in right. are there any screws or clips that should be holding it in? cause there arnt any.

Ill get pics when he gets home from school

·
Registered
386 Posts
I used to have the same problem. It was just a cheap trim plate. I went to a different shop, and they sold me a better one, alot thicker, and they installed it for like a dollar. Maybe they didnt want me to see what they did. But now i can't take out the cd player without the keys, and the trim plate is in there REALLY GOOD and looks great. Take it to a car audio place, but make sure the piece is STRoNG first, i dont know the brand of mine, but ya. It wont cost you much more thatn it would if you did it all your self.

·
Registered
417 Posts
It all depends on what brand stereo it is that you own. I worked at a car stereo specialty shop once. Alot of head units come with "keys", so that you can pull the stereo out from its metal sleeve. Some stereo's don't have "keys", but all of them use sleeves. Sometines the stereo locks into the sleeve, and you just have to lift a lever on either side of the deck to let it out. if your stereo is loose, it probably is not the right sleeve for it. However, if your deck is staying in the sleeve and all of it is coming out, than you need to screw the sleeve in to an L bracket to keep it form coming out. If it's really loose (the sleeve) you might have to put metal brackets to the factory "pocket" right below your stereo. If you don't feel confident taking your deck area apart to fix this, take it to a stereo store. if everything is playing and working already, labor should only run you about a half hour and cost of mounting parts.Let me know what brand it is, and i'll tell you what you might need to do with that model.

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its still the stock stero. we bought the car used so who ever put the cd changer in just threw the face for that part on some adhesive and suck it into the little cubby thing. i need pics to describe what im talkin about cause im horrible at explaining stuff lol.

i gotta run to the golf course to take some.

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

so here is whats holdin it in now:

just electrical tape. and crappy stuff at that.

I also moved the radio to the bottom so i could tape in in there:

if you need somemore pics tell me and ill take em.

thanks guys
Jack

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there wernt any screws holding it in. if i ever found out who did the install i would smack them because its so unsafe. fortunatly it fell out at an autox where he he couldnt have injured anyone else had he lost control. funny thing was he still managed to run a decent time despite not being able to shift outa second gear lol.

thanks for the page...

on page 8 i dont have those screws. that whole part including the ash try came out as 1 peice. i wonder if thats the problem...
in fact none of the screws from page 8 onward are there... that is very bad.

time for ghetto enginering

Jack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts