Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day, my radio completely died on me. I have a '96 Teg with a Sony flip face tape deck. Anyway, the radio is completely dead, and the antenna will not come up either. I checked the fuse for the radio/cigarette lighter and nothing was out of the ordinary. The fuse was still good, but to be sure I replaced the fuse with a spare. Still nothing. The cigarette lighter works just fine, seeing that it can still charge my phone, but the radio is still dead. I really don't want to have to pull my head unit, but does anyone think it could be the fuse on the back of the unit itself? what other things could be causing this? Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
the fuse on the back of itself sounds like whats goin on...either that or your power wire knocked loose

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool. that's what i figured. Thanks. I hate it though cause I really don't want to take out the head unit. What's the easiest way to do it?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
why dont you look at the right spots first?

check the fuse labeled "backup" thats in the underhood fuseblock...

otherwise.. if you want your radio work, don't look for the "easy" way, look for the "correct" way to fix your radio so you can have music again

good luck

·
Registered
940 Posts
Does the radio turn on, like the lights lite up, but it just wont play any sound? my radio did that, it would turn on when i start my car, but it wouldnt do anything, no sound or antenna, but all i did was disconnect my rear deck speaker and it worked again, cuz i apperently blew it out

do waht they said first, if that doesnt help, try this

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 7.5A fuse labeled "backup" is ok as well. What gives? I can't figure this out for the life of me. I really don't want to have to disassemble everything to get the radio out (like the above article said) but i guess I've got to do what I've got to do. Thanks for all yous guys help. Any other thoughts??

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
it takes 20-25 mins to take out the radio and then check the wiring...

and you have been waiting what now, three days on this thread?

you could have had it done, checked out and fixed by now

·
Registered
442 Posts
Check the wiring as previously posted.

Also, I suggest checking the other fuses, not just
the couple that you checked. Sometimes another fuse
can blow, which could affect something totally different
(like your radio).

Does your a/c work? I blew the AirConditioning fuse
the other day, and that stopped my a/c and my radio.
Replaced it and everything was fine.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
the bottom line is to get to the back of the radio, verify the black wire is getting ground and the red and yellow wiresa re showing 12 volts..

if they aren't, something wrong with the car side...
if they are, something wrong with the radio...

until you determine which path it is, you'll be chasing your tail, people on message boards can "guess for you" all day.. you are going to just have to do something about it.. we can only tell you what to look for (and theres now like 6 things, all of which didnt help, so take the next step)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts